Databox, a fast-growing software company, is looking for a Web & Graphic Designer to join our marketing team in order to help continue building and optimizing our website and content to support growth.
Our mission is to help millions of companies improve their business performance through better use of data. Our product lets companies visualize, benchmark, track and report performance data from hundreds of other tools.
The Marketing Team
Our marketing team has built a solid marketing engine that generates ~200k [mostly organic] sessions every month and ~5k signups to our product. Over the last several years, our website has become the main driver of our company’s revenue growth.
We’ve published thousands of blog posts during that time?many of which are ranking and driving significant organic traffic?dozens (and counting) of website pages targeting high-intent keywords and have continued to invest in creating and optimizing content as an acquisition channel.
Now, as we continue to build out our website by publishing new pages and offers as well as support the marketing team’s efforts to publish original creative on social media, produce more video, etc., we’re looking for a creative web and graphic designer to join the team who also possesses basic video production skills to help support the creative needs across the whole marketing team.
Databox is looking for a Web & Graphic Designer to join the marketing team in order to help plan and execute all our creative needs, including the design of new website pages/layouts as well as graphic assets for our content, paid, and product marketing campaigns.
As our new Web and Graphic designer, you will create the look, layout, feel, functionality, and features of all the website pages we are developing. You will work on developing new website pages and on enhancing our existing website.
You will work closely with our Growth Manager, Content & Product marketing teams (and other design team members), to execute on design specifications regarding all our marketing initiatives.
- Work with other design team members to develop and maintain our brand design guidelines (webstyle guide)
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups for vetting and user testing, and finished .psd files for development.
- Work with front-end web developers to deploy designs.
- Assist other marketing team members by designing the graphic assets they need for specific marketing initiatives (blog posts imagery, social media creative, paid advertising assets, research reports, infographics, etc.)
- Help assist in basic video production work.
- Utilize data and analytics in making design decisions.
- Create and maintain a database of design assets.
- Collaborate with UX, engineering, and other teams.
- 4+ years of Web & Graphic Design Experience
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong track record (portfolio) of visual designs
- Proficiency in graphic/web design software, including Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Understanding of UX/UI (user experience/user interface) design
- Basic video production skills and experience with tools like iMovie, Adobe Premier, or other similar tools.
- Proficient in modern responsive web design (HTML + CSS)
- Good understanding of WordPress CMS
- Good understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
Nice to have
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS company
We encourage our employees to challenge themselves, learn from each other, grow in their roles, and balance their work with life. We offer competitive compensation, an opportunity for personal and professional development, and a positive team atmosphere.
Databox is a remote-friendly company with over 100 team members working across the globe. Also, we offer access to co-working spaces in Ptuj, Slovenia. However, since our team and customer base is distributed globally across several countries with concentrations of team members in Slovenia (Ptuj and Ljubljana), the U.S., (Boston, MA), and Serbia (Novi Sad), this is an opportunity to work in a company with a flexible schedule and location. If you think we might be a match, send us your CV and a short explanation of why you think you are the right person for this position.