In short: Get the team building great stuff that actually matters!
Be the leader and glue that brings a talented group of people together to have a big impact on our mission.
You’ll get a group of designers and engineers doing great stuff. Your group will talk with users, understand how those people do their work, and find and develop improvements that make a measurable impact. A big part of your work is keeping that happening every day.
Beyond keeping the team humming along, this is also a technical role. Expect to jump into technical bits, which may be writing some code to try out an API, creating a docker image to simplify setup for others, or even writing code along with engineers to get things done.
Succeeding in this role includes the following kinds of activities:
- Keep the group highly engaged for the full process (user interviews all the way through to measuring impact).
- Advocate for successful product features using storytelling and metrics.
- Work with teammates and wider community to make improvements known and put into use.
- Schedule meetings for the group and ensure the process works for a fully distributed team.
- Serve as the primary teammate for measurement and analysis of outputs and outcomes.
- Keep teammates motivated and focused on actionable metrics.
- Provide transparency to Medic and the community of the process, outputs, and outcomes of the group.
- Investigate areas of technical relevance within the Digital Health Ecosystem.
- Try out software and write up instructions/docs to help our community sustainably succeed.
- Understand and improve how technical systems work.
- Consider complexity cost when approaching technical solutions.
- When we have deadline-dependent work, ensure it receives proper attention.
We’re a relatively small team too so we’re happy to incorporate your skills into how we do things to succeed as a group. If desired, that could involve you trying out technical options to see what works or even getting in on parts of the coding and technical solution design.
- Engage teammates in our process.
- Talk with users in our space to understand what they need.
- Collaborate with health programs, partners, and members of the digital health ecosystem to get solutions into use.
- Understand the CHT and how it fits into the larger digital health ecosystem.
- Support teammates and the larger community through the forum, video, chat, etc.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Extremely organized
- Empathetic motivator
- Relationship builder
- Driven by outcomes
- Technical enough to understand other systems and follow instructions to boot things up and try them out
Medic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2010 to advance health and human flourishing with and for the hardest-to-reach communities. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is a secured human right. Practically, we have advanced our mission by building, implementing, and supporting open-source digital tools that support Community Health Workers, managers, and facility-based health workers. Along with our partners, we build and apply software that helps health workers deliver high-quality, equitable care in redesigned health systems. Our team and partners support more than 28,000 frontline health workers caring for an estimated 15 million people in 18 countries across Africa and Asia. Each member of our team was drawn to this mission and emboldened by a vision of global health equity. Our diversity of skills and experiences helps us tackle complex challenges – we look forward to hearing from you and exploring ways to work together.