The MENTOR Initiative (MENTOR) is a “not for profit”, charitable, non-governmental organization devoted to reducing death and suffering from tropical diseases and malaria in humanitarian crises. MENTOR is currently providing ongoing emergency support to the most vulnerable communities in Nigeria, Mozambique, the Central African Republic, the Middle East, South Sudan and Southern Chad and Yemen. MENTOR also runs a large scale Neglected Tropical Disease programmes in Angola.
Overall Job Purpose
The Technical Placement will shadow key positions across MENTOR to gain the widest exposure to programme support functions and grant management. Time will be split being mentored by a specific PM then a GM at HQ before a potential deployment (needs dependent) into the field under the country Technical Coordinator. The Internships will be managed by the Head of Programme Management. The critical output to be achieved is to understand how a programme achieves its objectives in all administrative, finance, logistical and technical activities in accordance with the programme grant/award(s).
Qualifications and Experience:
· Public health related, nurse or other similar related qualification preferred
· Postgraduate training in public health or related field beneficial
· Understanding of epidemiology beneficial
· Fluent English necessary. Knowledge of French / Portuguese beneficial.
· Familiarity with NGO working environments and standard procedures an advantage
· Must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom
How to apply:
CV and letter of motivation to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org