About the role
The Health Pooled Fund began its third phase (HPF3) in October 2018 and is supported to run until 2023 by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), the Government of Canada, the Swedish International Development and Cooperation Agency (SIDA), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Gavi – The Vaccine Alliance and the EU.
HPF3 merges two previous health programmes – Health Pooled Fund 2 (HPF2), which provides healthcare at health facility level, and the Integrated Community Case Management 2 (ICCM2) programme, which provides healthcare to children under-five within more remote communities. HPF3 supports delivery of community level, essential primary health care, secondary health care and referral health services, stabilisation of local health systems, and procurement and supply chain management of essential medical commodities.
HPF supports services in eight states of South Sudan known as: Eastern Equatoria, Central Equatoria, Western Equatoria, Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Western Bahr el Ghazal, Warrap, Unity and Lakes.
The programme impact will be an improved health and nutrition status for the population that saves lives and reduces morbidity (including maternal, infant and under-5 mortality).
Purpose of the Consultancy
The purpose of the VCAT consultancy is to design and develop a training material and facilitate a three (3) days Training of Trainer (ToT) for the implementing partner focal staff to support value clarification and beliefs regarding family planning and contraceptives use, and adolescents’ health.
Objective of consultancy
The consultancy has the following objectives
- Design and develop a training material to support value clarification and beliefs regarding family planning and contraceptives use, and adolescents’ health.
- Facilitate 3 days Training of Trainers (ToT) training to implementing partner focal staff.
Time-frame: 13th-30th Sept 2022
The consultant must have:
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Social Sciences with extensive experience in Family Planning and adolescents’ health
- At least 7 years’ experience in providing Family planning services in South Sudan or a similar context.
- Previous experience in designing and developing training materials or manuals
- Familiarity with VCAT (Value Clarification and Attitude Transformation) on Family Planning and adolescents’ health.
- Experience as a trainer, mentoring, coaching of health workers with diverse backgrounds
- Proven experience of working with the donors that fund HPF, specifically FCDO, Sweden, Canada, USAID, and EU.
- Familiar with implementation of activities and its challenges in the context of South Sudan or experience working in fragile and conflict affected states.
- Strong communication skills and cultural awareness.
- Good knowledge and command of English language.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will always promote diversity for all candidates as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications, and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package