iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Afghanistan has been in a state of protracted conflict for over 40 years, which has negatively impacted the people of Afghanistan. While the overall level of conflict has now dropped, recent developments and resulting upheaval have exacerbated needs and further complicated an already challenging operational context. It is estimated that 6.5 million Afghans are displaced either internally or outside the country. Internally displaced Afghans are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance.
In addition, the country suffers from intense and recurring natural hazards of varying length and severity which threaten lives, livelihoods, and property. For instance, increasingly severe and prolonged droughts significantly impact food security. These pose a significant threat to agriculturally based livelihoods, which are depended upon by 85% of the population, thereby placing hard-won development gains at risk.
iMMAP is providing accurate, relevant, and timely information to the humanitarian community in Afghanistan for coordination, disaster risk reduction (DRR) and emergency response purposes. This is achieved by improving the quality, availability, and access to information and platforms, and by strengthening the IM capacity of the humanitarian community, thereby supporting their emergency response.
Overall Purpose of the role: Under the responsibility of the iMMAP Afghanistan Country Representative, The Technical Supervisor will ensure that the quality of Immap’s activities in Afghanistan is maintained in accordance with the organization’s standards. The Technical Advisor (Sr. IMO) will ensure the compliance to donor and internal regulations and procedures at the programmatic level.
Project Development :
- Assesses proposals including conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative, and financial aspects to ensure accuracy, consistency and conformity with iMMAP criteria and procedures as well as to ensure compliance to the call for proposals’ requirements;
- Represent iMMAP in seminars/workshops and related meetings to express the interest of iMMAP;
- Assist in the management of external relations of the Country Office;
- Identify potential donors and keep up to date on their strategies and funding opportunities;
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion; and
- Assist the Country Representative in the identification of new opportunities.
- Supervise IMO team and provide coaching & mentoring as appropriate;
- Ensure high quality of project and program plan with effective delivery and fulfilment of objectives and utilization of budget;
- Supervise projects including development and follow up of logical frameworks, M&E plans and workplans; ensure programmatic learning;
- Oversee the preparation of visual presentations on IMMAP performance and activities for presentation to stakeholders;
- Ensure the highest quality standard in all products and services delivered by iMMAP to its partners; and
- Document all decisions and actions during program implementation.
Financial Management :
- Plan and construct the program budget; and
- In collaboration with relevant Finance colleagues, ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
- Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Country Security Advisor and Global Security Advisor.
- Assist the Country Representative during meetings with external stakeholders;
- Attend inter-agency meetings, cluster meetings and assist on any program issues;
- Provide program information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies;
- Actively engage in public information initiatives and maintain close working relationships with UN partner agencies on public information activities; and
- Any other duties as tasked by the Country Representative.
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Software development, Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences.
- At least 3 years’ experience in program & project management in the humanitarian and or development sector;
- At least 4 years of working experience of IM system development and in a multi-cultural environment;
- Previous experience in Afghanistan and or Asia region highly desirable; Experience with iMMAP would be advantage;
- Experience in donors and partnership relationships, representation with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders including previous experience in proposals and reports writing in the humanitarian sector;
- In-depth knowledge of database and GIS software, and computer networks, Good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment;
- Possess advanced skills in MS-Access, MS SQL Server, Web design;
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset; and
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Soft skills
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas;
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports;
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently;
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude;
- Ability to have a global overview of a program; and
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply:
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/347