Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Under the Asia Learning Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) program, the USAID/Sri Lanka Mission has requested Social Impact to complete a performance evaluation of a youth development program in Sri Lanka. The evaluation will be used to inform USAID’s youth development programming in Sri Lanka.
SI is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of the Team Leader (TL) for this evaluation. The TL will manage and oversee the research team and all client deliverables. In addition, the TL is responsible for coordinating research activities and ensuring the production and completion of the final report in accordance with the scope of work and work plan timelines. The TL will guide the development of the review, direct data collection and compilation, conduct data analysis, coordinate technical inputs of team members and lead the drafting and completion of a final report. The TL will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. This is a part-time consulting position that can be performed remotely.
- Manage a team of local research and youth development specialists.
- Conduct a desk review of documents relevant to the evaluation.
- Develop and finalize the evaluation design and data collection instruments, coordinating technical inputs from the evaluation team.
- Administer virtual key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with stakeholders in Sri Lanka.
- Guide and oversee the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the initial desk review, evaluation design, data collection instruments, and draft and final reports.
- Present key preliminary findings to USAID and the implementing partner.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables, implementing SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, public health, sociology, etc. with at least 10 years of experience assessing and/or evaluating development activities for USAID or other donor agencies, preferably with some experience in Sri Lanka.
- Extensive experience (at least five years) in youth development or youth programming, including understanding of youth cohorts that may be at risk for exclusion from development interventions.
- Expertise in research methods, including experience conducting qualitative performance evaluations.
- Understanding of the Sri Lankan country and political context as well as development challenges.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of Sri Lankan languages (e.g. Sinhala, Tamil) will be considered an asset.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
How to apply:
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3974.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.