The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) is a disaggregated data collection, analysis, and crisis mapping project. The ACLED team conducts analysis to describe, explore, and test conflict scenarios, and makes both data and analysis open for free use by the public. ACLED material is regularly used to inform journalism, academic research, and public discourse on conflict, and to support the work of practitioners and policymakers. ACLED is the highest quality and most widely used real-time data and analysis source on political violence and protest around the world.
ACLED is recruiting a Talent Acquisition Officer with a focus on employee’s lifecycle to lead on the recruitment and hiring processes and procedures. This is a full-time position. This position is fully remote and can be done from any location with reliable internet service. It is open to nationals of any country. The preferred start date for this position is March-April 2023. This position does not have any direct reports.
For more information, please review the Applicant FAQs. Please submit your salary range for consideration.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Implementing all aspects of staff and contractor recruitment and supporting and participating in all recruitment processes, overseeing the process to ensure procedures are followed in a fair and transparent manner.
Core tasks associated with these responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing high caliber candidates, ensuring headcount has been approved prior to recruitment and following the appropriate organizational procedures;
- Manage a candidate pipe-lining mechanism;
- Researching recruitment channels such as job boards, social media etc. considering the recruitment budget;
- Maintaining up to date knowledge on best practice recruitment and selection techniques;
- Managing and coordinating the selection and assessment processes including CVs review, and ensuring all resourcing processes meet legal requirements and are fair, fit, and inclusive;
- Attending and participating in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Working with hiring managers and team departments to ensure a smooth, timely and cost-effective recruitment and selection process;
- Collaborating with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details;
- Carrying out all the administrative duties in the recruitment process such as logging application forms/CVs, organizing recruitment timetables, arranging interviews, interview tests and distributing interview packs and shortlisting to interviewees/panels.
Onboarding / Offboarding and Administration
- Leading the new employee orientation and onboarding;
- Administering the process for new employees, for example; preparing contracts, offer letters and pre-employment checks;
- Training the staff on recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding procedures;
- Producing a weekly report with updates on recruitment;
- Arranging and conducting exit interviews for all staff virtually.
Skills and competencies:
- Fluency in English (essential);
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, social sciences, psychology, nonprofit management, international relations, or a related field (essential);
- 2-3 year experience in a similar role (working in human resources, office administration or management, counseling or case work for a non-profit) – (essential);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential);
- Good judgment and extremely high attention to detail (essential);
- Ability to work remotely and meet deadlines with limited supervision (essential);
- Strong problem-solving skills (essential);
- Experience working in a fast-paced and multicultural office (preferred);
- SHRM or similar certification (preferred).
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience to our career portal.Further information on the project is available online at acleddata.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early. Please make sure to check your spam folder for correspondence.