Lyra Health is looking for a senior writer with exceptional writing skills and content development expertise to create psychoeducational content. This position offers the unique opportunity to collaborate with internal partners to develop learning content that demonstrates Lyra’s thought leadership with cultural competency and research-backed psychology insights. The right candidate is a prolific writer with a passion for their craft that inspires others. This strategic self-starter has the ability to translate evidence-based treatment principles and theoretical principles into engaging, easy-to-understand educational materials and tools, and is capable of collaborating effectively and efficiently with subject matter experts and cross-functional partners.
- Create clear and compelling content that demonstrates expertise and credibility while honoring Lyra’s voice, tone, and values.
- Synthesize information and research—sometimes dense or complicated material and concepts—into understandable, accessible content.
- Develop narrative storytelling that seamlessly integrates across our content types and channels. Actively suggest and explore new storytelling methods.
- Collaborate on the content design of psychoeducational materials.
- Review and edit external-facing materials.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and the many other teams we partner with closely.
- Approach content strategically by focusing on big picture objectives while executing the details of our editorial calendar with precision.
- Advocate for content excellence by coaching and mentoring others on writing best practices.
- Degree in communication, english, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- 7+ years of experience writing effective, engaging educational content in a variety of formats
- Experience editing content, presenting concepts, and negotiating stakeholder feedback
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex subjects into engaging, understandable copy
- Leadership skills with ability to mentor and coach others
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and multidisciplinary colleagues
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in the face of strict writing deadlines
- A proven track record of collaborating with subject matter experts
- Experience creating educational content in a variety of formats