We’re looking for a Senior UX Writer to help shape our all-in-one privacy solution and join our mission to show the world that protecting your privacy online can be simple.
In this role, you’ll work closely with design, engineering, user insights, and product teams to shape the DuckDuckGo product and brand experience, continuing to build the trust we’ve earned with users over the last decade and helping DuckDuckGo grow. You’ll encourage users to adopt our product and retain by developing clear, concise copy that elegantly transforms complex UX problems into opportunities for user action and education. As a company-wide authority on copy dilemmas, large and small, you’ll manage multiple copy projects simultaneously, validating copy decisions through user research, reasoning, and data.
What You Will Bring to DuckDuckGo
- Ability to lead and collaborate on high-impact and complex projects from proposal through post-mortem.
- Skills to wrangle vague problems, propose innovative solutions, and execute them with a strong focus on metrics.
- At least seven years of relevant experience, including four years writing UX/UI copy.
- Proven success in moving product, design, and brand team KPIs through increased user adoption, retention, and engagement.
- Ability to translate product and brand goals into words that empower users to take action across platforms.
- Unyielding dedication to empathy and simplicity when finding the right words to help users understand technical concepts.
- A thorough understanding of how to refine and optimize short-form copy via collaboration, user testing, and experimentation.
- A well-defined, battle-tested, and flexible creative writing process.
- Grammatical excellence, expertise, and agility with the English language, with a vast vocabulary and deep understanding of style, diction, and structure.
How We Will Support You
Our core values — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — underpin how we work day-to-day and the support we give our team members. We strive to empower our team members to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work.
- Remote First, Always: We’ve always been a fully distributed company with team members all over the world. We trust you to get your work done wherever, whenever.
- Commitment to Personal Growth: Every team member has an annual budget of $1,250 USD to invest in their professional development. Every team member also has a dedicated Career Advisor, who serves as a guide to help you develop your strengths, identify your motivations, and understand your opportunities for growth.
- Leadership: We have many different types of leaders and possible combinations of leadership roles, so you can grow your career in a way that aligns best with your personal goals. You can seek additional leadership roles by being directly responsible for projects, taking ownership of areas of the company, developing and maintaining internal processes, or pursuing advisory roles.
- Work/Life Balance: Team members have the freedom and flexibility to organize their own work schedules. We want you to thrive both in and out of the office. We trust you to use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work.
Annual compensation: $160,000 USD and stock options.