PLEASE NOTE: This is a US-based role. All candidates must live in the United States.
About the Role
We are a collection of creative storytellers on a passionate and results-driven mission to design custom digital marketing solutions and products, not just for our clients, but for their clients, the end-user(s).
As a team, we marry creativity, emotion, and logic into the work we do.
As designers, we create with end users in mind, working closely with developers, marketers, and content strategists to create unified and holistic experiences across brand, marketing, website, and product.
Core to our process is design thinking. We collaborate on foundational elements like wireframes, sitemaps and page level interactions, as well as final design concepts for clients that follow the latest best practices in UI/UX design.
We are seeking a strong mid-level UX/UI Designer / Product Designer, with a heavier emphasis on UX over UI design. You’ll work closely with our Creative Director and super-star team of creatives to dream up and create stunning website and application experiences. This position can be located in Pyxl’s HQ in Nashville, Tennessee or remote.
Pyxl is a 13-year old agency that has launched hundreds of websites and digital marketing campaigns for start-ups, mid-market growth companies, and multi-billion dollar market leaders including Medtronic, IBM, Booz Allen, Ramboll, Akima, RazorSync, TeamHealth, United States Air Force Academy, QTS, Fillauer and more.
Over the last 12 years, our client’s customers have used our digital services to better learn, purchase, or download: concert and movie tickets, handbags, furniture, fashion, sunglasses, home automation devices, hosting services, trade shows, home security, healthcare services, online courses, software, skincare products, hotel rooms, festival tickets, servers, medical devices, and endless charitable benefits and services. Beyond doing great work and earning lots of awards and recognition along the way, we also like to have fun. Sometimes that fun is in the office and oftentimes that fun is through Slack and Zoom, where we connect with our employees across every time zone across the US. Our virtual happy hours even attract our most introverted designers and engineers.
- UX Workshops: Figma, Miro
- Wireframes: Figma, Miro
- UI Design: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Facilitate workshops/discussions with clients, helping create an understanding of brand promise, emotion, mood, and intent
- Design innovative, engaging, responsive layouts, and experiences, while prioritizing mobile-first and planning for progressive enhancement
- Present design solutions to client stakeholders, guiding them through the rationale behind our design decisions
- Initiate end-user research through empathetic user interviews
- Create wireframes, information architecture, and dynamic interactions for a project
- Collaborate with front-end engineers on interactive elements and production-ready prototypes
- Iterate from sketches to comps to browser realizations
- Ensure concept are possible in reality, across multiple devices
- Develop style guides, annotated comps, user guides, and other deliverables to guide the holistic approach and maintenance of design solutions
- Create moodboards, storyboards, style tiles, and other supporting assets
- Operate with a keen awareness of copy as part of an overall UX strategy
- Present and defend your work to C-level clients as needed.
- Be a thinker, problem solver. You will help both define problems and design solutions for them
- 3-5 years experience with UX/UI design for web and mobile
- Strong, demonstrated portfolio of compelling, thoughtful, and engaging digital solutions. An ability to define what problems needed solutions, and the solutions created for them
- Solid understanding of the web as a medium: responsive design, accessibility, grids, sizing, web typography, responsive design, and what it means to realize designs in a multi-device world
- Working understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges, and solutions to those challenges
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated, “always-learning” spirit, interested in identifying and solving the web’s design challenges one experience at a time
- Experience with Figma and various Adobe Creative Suite applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc.)
- Knowledge of office productivity software is also required in Slack, Word, Excel, Google Suite, etc. in a macOS environment
- We are a fully remote team, BUT based in the United States – as such, we are looking for FT based only in the United States
Nice to Have
- Technical experience as a frontend or backend developer
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS,
- General digital marketing experience
- Experience with WordPress as a platform, beyond the typical “blog” use cases
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows, and content management platforms
- Remote working experience appreciated