Location: Based in Amman, Jordan, with frequent travel
Reporting Manager: Asia Regional Manager
Start date: March 2022
Remuneration: 3,500 – 4,800 per month, depending on level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specializes in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. We implement programmes across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, using the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and the private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcomes or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved populations in the world.
MAGENTA’s team operates across Asia, the Middle East and Africa on a range of projects that include research, strategy development, SBC intervention implementation, and evaluation.
We are looking for exceptional individuals, driven by a keen desire to deliver social impact and who thrive in fast-paced environment. In return, we offer a strong mentoring and exceptional growth possibilities within an expanding team.
Primary responsibilities of Behavioural Scientists are the following (1) SBC projects Management, and (2) Programme and Partnership Development.
The Projects Manager will manage a number of SBC projects in the research and communications field. Typical tasks include:
• Managing programmes effectively from inception to close-out, including both technical and operational aspects;
• Conduct and oversee behavioural diagnosis to better understand and diagnose behavioural issues and barriers.
• Design behavioural diagnosis methodology and tools, in close collaboration with the research team;
• Lead primary and secondary “on the ground” formative research to inform project design;
• Provide technical expertise on SBC and lead the design and implementation of social and behavioural change strategies, including by significantly contributing to creative strategy;
• Lead the design and development of SBC interventions and communications campaigns;
• Oversee design and development of graphic design, production and other creative element;
• Monitor programme and develop contextually appropriate and effective solutions to ensure smooth implementation that delivers impact;
• Co-lead the design and development of appropriate and effective evaluation methods to measure the impact of behaviourally informed interventions
• Contribute to strengthening the global body of evidence around SBC by drafting strong reports, case studies and speaking at events;
• Delivering impactful projects that achieve the set objectives within the allocated budget and timeframe;
• Developing, maintaining and utilising project specific management tools including detailed workplans, resource plans and budgeting;
• Leading on all procurement needs for effective programme delivery;
• Acting as the primary contact for clients and other stakeholders;
• Building and leading project teams, including research, creative and media teams;
• Overseeing the coordination of project partners e.g. consultants, media, civil society;
• Conducting internal and external training/workshops on a needs basis;
• Managing project logistics and administrative tasks, including costs tracking, archiving documents, developing case studies and updating MAGENTA databases.
Programme and Partnership Development:
• Identify needs and design relevant and innovative SBC solutions to address those;
• Lead on programme design, including theory of change, activity design, M&E frameworks, resources plans and financial plans;
• Applying systematically SBC models to the design of new programmes;
• Lead on proposal preparation and submission;
• Contributing to the expansion of MAGENTA’s professional network in Asia;
• Preparing and conducting client presentations;
• Supporting and identifying business development opportunities in focus markets;
• Building partnerships (civil society, media, creative, etc.) in focus markets.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
• Relevant degree from a top tier university required; Masters preferred
• 6-10 years professional experience;
• At least 6 years of project management experience, managing multiple portfolios and clients;
• Experience in communications and/or research;
• Substantial knowledge of the international development and/or humanitarian system, institution and donors, and of compliance requirements;
• Robust experience in designing, operationalising, implementing and evaluating development and SBC interventions;
• Ability to work effectively, respectfully and successfully with governments, clients, partners and other stakeholders in complex settings;
• Knowledge of and experience living in Asia (South and/or Central) strongly desired;
• Excellent written and spoken English, regional language proficiency is a plus;
• Technological and software fluency, include Office 365. Fluency in data analysis and/or publishing software a plus.
• A high-level strategic thinker, with a keen desire to learn and consume new information;
• Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
• Demonstrated ability to develop others;
• Excellent communicator able to manage conflicts and develop constructive solutions;
• A service-oriented manager, able to recognise and meet client needs;
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
• Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
• Willingness to live, work and travel in developing/post-crisis settings;
• Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
• MAGENTA has a flexible working policy which promotes periods of remote working in the year
• May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure (such as Afghanistan)
MAGENTA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
How to apply:
Apply before 13 January 2022. Applicants should submit a CV and letter of motivation on this platform here. The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the MAGENTA team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance MAGENTA’s work.