Established in 2007, AAN Associates is a ‘Social Enterprise’ established to enable development partners in finding simple, innovative, cost-efficient, and sustainable solutions to developmental challenges. AAN Associates brings extensive research and evaluation experience in varied contexts. AAN has undertaken more than 110 consulting projects in over 26 countries (East Asia and Pacific, South & West Asia, Middle East, East and South Africa, and West Africa), with bi / multilateral funding agencies, United Nations, public sector, and non-profit entities.
AAN is a growing organization with a distinctive track of producing award-winning research and evaluations. These awards and distinctions have come to complement AAN’s recognition as practice lead in ‘Social Research’ and ‘Evaluations’. AAN is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy underpinned by excellence in service, improvising innovation, and technology, strengthening partnerships and resources, forging institutional systems and diversity.
We are currently seeking experienced and highly skilled SBCC (Social and Behavior Change Communication) Experts to join our team for upcoming UN-funded projects related to SBCC evaluations, research, and strategy development. The projects are expected to take place in Tanzania, Philippines, and the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region. Specific experience in these countries/regions is desirable.
As an SBCC Expert at AAN Associates, you may be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing SBCC strategies in your specific thematic area.
- Collaborating with AAN and donor on SBCC projects, contributing your expertise to strategy development and implementation.
- Contributing to SBCC campaign design, social research, and norms research.
- Working closely with our team to ensure the success of SBCC projects.
- Note: Specific job descriptions will vary depending on the exact nature and scope of the project you are recruited for.
- A relevant master’s degree in particular thematic areas (e.g., SBCC, Public Health, WASH, Child Protection).
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in SBCC, with a strong track record of success.
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing SBCC strategies and designing SBCC Campaigns.
- In depth knowledge and skills in mixed methods research, particularly in formative, qualitative research methods.
- Relevant regional experience in Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Eastern and Southern Africa (ESAR) and/or East Asia and Pacific (EAP) is preferred.
- Extensive experience working on SBCC strategy development, implementation, evaluations, campaign design, and research with UN Agencies.
- Candidates of various backgrounds and expertise in the field of SBCC in the development sector are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Arabic speakers are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you are a passionate SBCC Expert with the qualifications and experience we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Please send your CVs to email@example.com with ‘SBCC Expert Application’ in the subject line:
Additionally, candidates are requested to specify the following information in their email body for easier tracking:
- Languages you speak.
- The organizations you have experience in (UNICEF, WFP, ILO, etc).
- The thematic sectors you mainly work in (e.g., Public health, WASH, MNCH)
- Country in which you are residing or have knowledge/experience in.
Deadline for Applications: We are accepting applications till 30th November 2023, but candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible as selection will be on a rolling basis.
AAN Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.