Chemonics seeks multiple senior experts in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) to support ongoing technical activities of Chemonics’ Water, Energy, and Sustainable Cities (WESC) technical practice team. All short-term consulting assignments will be conducted remotely. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping people lead healthy lives around the world. The WESC practice has several active projects with water and sanitation components and a robust forward market, and is looking for individuals with expertise in the following topic areas:
- WASH market systems
- Urban sanitation (e.g., pro-poor access to sanitation, decentralized solutions, city-wide inclusive sanitation)
- Climate resilient WASH
- Professionalized water and sanitation services
- Conduct qualitative desk research and create three 2-4 page technical briefs on one or more of the topics listed above (including high-level introductory information, process maps, key actors, trends, and data on the sector as it relates to development programming, with topics to be decided in coordination with the Sr. Advisor for the WESC practice.)
- For each technical brief produced, provide a bibliography of 10-15 current resources on the corresponding topic area in the international development space.
- Create a 7-10 page technical resource on programming in the corresponding topic area, particularly noting priorities and trends of USAID and FCDO.
- B.A./B.S. or international equivalent required; M.A./M.S. or international equivalent preferred
- 8+ years of experience working on WASH programming in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience working on USAID projects/programs required
- Knowledge and understanding of WASH market systems, urban sanitation, climate resilient WASH, or professionalized WASH services in development programming required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV attached and the topic area for which you are applying (from the list of four topic areas above) in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15 , 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.