SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the Request for Task Order Proposal for the USAID/RDMA Final Performance Evaluation of USAID Green Invest Asia (GIA) Activity. The final performance evaluation aims to evaluate the effectiveness of USAID GIA’s approaches to scale up private investment in sustainable landscapes in Asia, specifically to improve forest and land management and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The evaluation will inform management of the existing GIA award and future programming to implement the USAID Climate Strategy and USAID Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Policy.
The evaluation will utilize mixed methods to acquire both primary and secondary data. The methodology should be collaborative and participatory, including implementing partners, key and vulnerable populations benefitting from the Activity interventions, and key stakeholders, as much as possible in evaluation planning and implementation.
The evaluation will consist of desk research (virtual) and field work in Thailand, Cambodia, and the Philippines for data collection in discussion with bilateral Missions.
SoCha seeks a Senior Sustainable Landscape/AFOLU Sector Expert.
Scope of Work
The Senior Sustainable Landscape/AFOLU Sector Expert will:
- Work closely with the Evaluation Team Leader to design and implement the evaluation;
- Conduct desk and field research to support the findings of the evaluation;
- Provide specialist analysis and inputs into the evaluation and report;
Minimum qualifications and experience
The Specialist must have
- An advanced degree in forestry, agriculture, natural resource management, environmental policy, natural resource economics, climate change mitigation, or related fields.
- Strong knowledge in sustainable supply chains and jurisdiction approach as well as experience in designing and/or implementing sustainable landscapes activities that are profitable, scalable, and contribute to reducing emissions.
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in a relevant analytical field (e.g., environmental science, economics, international development studies, or foreign relations).
- Advanced/professional oral and written communication skills in English, with demonstrated advanced skills in writing evaluation reports and presenting evaluation findings;
- Knowledge and/or experience working with USAID’s, the U.S. Government’s or other development agencies’ rules, regulations, and procedures are highly desirable.
Location: Remote with field work in Thailand, Cambodia, and the Philippines
Period of Performance: estimated July to December 2022
How to apply
To lodge an application, please lodge CV highlighting your relevant experience via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/senior-sustainable-landscape-afolu-sector-expert-remote-with-field-work-in-asia-01-06-2022/
Applications close 15 June 2022, however promising candidates may be selected before this deadline.