- Drive a climate action campaign influencing institutional investors
- Fluent English communication skills; an Asian language would be a plus
- Asia-based; must be eligible to work in the country of residence
Driven by a passion to solve the climate crisis, The Sunrise Project is an international team of advocates, researchers and communications professionals with a mission to strengthen social movements accelerating the global transition away from fossil fuels. The Sunrise Project has developed a unique model of grant making and advocacy that supports networks of organisations to drive change towards its mission. We move fast and embrace the urgency of the climate challenge.
The world has seen recent shifts by financial institutions, banks, investors, insurance companies and central banks away from fossil fuels, particularly coal. Unfortunately many lag behind this trend, threatening to undermine the progress others have made.
Organisational culture and benefits
The Sunrise Project has a dynamic and nimble organisational culture that supports its people to thrive, believing that a diversity of experiences and perspectives builds stronger strategies, teams and movements. We are continually working on becoming a better workplace for everyone and are committed to creating a workplace that supports all staff to achieve their professional best. The following benefits are in place to help achieve that;
- Generous package in line with experience and with international expectations
- Liberal annual, parental, birthday, solidarity and cultural leave
- Commitment to professional development and employee assistance programs
- Coaching, performance reviews & management feedback
In this role you will lead the development and execution of a new global campaign focused on shifting institutional investors, asset owners and managers into a position that drives Paris-aligned climate action grounded in respect for human rights. The role will focus on partnerships in the East Asia region, and works with European and North American based strategists to;
- Develop, write and implement the detailed plan to execute on the global strategy
- Build and support a global network of partners capable of executing the campaign
- Monitor and report back on campaign results to/with global directors
You will support the capacity building of networks and partner organisations to achieve outcomes that would not be possible by acting alone. Your other key responsibilities will be to;
- Jointly manage a multi-million-dollar campaign budget and partner grants
- Convene campaign meetings to map priorities and strategize with key partners
- Support the emergence of a powerful network of groups and individuals
You are a natural campaigner, creative thinker with a strong track record of making change happen. You have a strong strategic sense and an understanding of how power works in the world and you want to shift the role of corporate power.
You understand how investors and international markets operate, either through your experience in civil society, the government, or the financial sector. You can develop strategy, build and work in a team and manage concurrent projects across time zones and continents. You have exceptional networking and interpersonal communication skills and are just as comfortable working with finance industry professionals as with grassroots activists.
How to apply:
If you meet all or some of the requirements, or are unsure, please submit an expression of interest as the Sunrise Project values and recognizes unpaid and lived experiences. Your expression of interest should include a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting #790825. Alternatively, contact Lois Freeke from NGO Recruitment in Australia on +61 2 8243 0570.