For our Call for Expression of Interest (CEI) for Remunerated External Experts we are looking for a Senior Reception Centre Construction Expert. The CEI aims to establish a List of Experts envisaged to be deployed to EASO Asylum Support Teams as part of EASO’s operations in different EU member States. The CEI includes 76 profiles in the field of asylum and reception and it is open for applications until 4 May 2024.
The indicative tasks for the Senior Reception Centre Construction Expert (profile n. 43) are the following:
· Support the authorities in the design, planning, budgeting, drawing of technical specifications and requirements for refugee accommodation construction projects;
· Support the authorities in the coordination of all involved stakeholders for the construction of refugee accommodation facilities, including architects and/or construction workers;
· Support the authorities in the supervision of construction projects for Reception and Identification Centres, Asylum Offices, and Housing and Accommodation Facilities.
The candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (EQF 7 or equivalent); based on the final specific assignment and tasks, a professional license might be requested;
· 5 years of experience in tasks described;
· Proven experience in the design and construction of infrastructures in an emergency context;
· Proven previous work experience in the design of reception camps, informal settlements and other operational settings desirable.
How to apply:
The details of the call including the procedure, conditions, the information about this specific profile (number 43), as well as the application details can be found on the following link: