SENIOR PROGRAMS MANAGER
- Department: Programs
- Area: Programs Management
- Location: Remote
- Supervisor: Programs Director
- Contract: Fixed term (with possibility of extension)
- Status: Full-Time
- Compensation: Based on Experience
Contract terms & conditions and salary compensation will vary and will be defined on the basis of local employment rates and in accordance with the position grade and/or experience.
Still I Rise, an international NGO, works towards development and the realization of humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to refugee children and youth, is looking for a Senior Programs Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing Still I Rise programs’ management and implementation, while supporting the Programs’ Director in the development of long-term programs strategies responding to organizational goals, ensuring the achievement of goals and reflecting organizational mission. Furthermore, the selected profile will also be responsible to supervise the coordination of programs’ teams and provide guidance to programs managers towards strategic implementation, organizing resources, monitoring budget, use SDLC guidelines and provide quality control to meet goals.
- Work in close collaboration with the Programs Director for the planning, monitoring, and implementation leading the planning process to produce effective strategies and achieve organizational goals;
- Support the Programs Director in developing strategies to help maximize impact and programs’ effectiveness and efficiency;
- Lead monthly/quarterly planning in/across support sites in accordance with the work plans, as well as carry out any adjustment as required based on program needs;
- Support ‘Program Managers’, ensuring activity schedule, monitoring and spending is on track and aligned to the agreed work plans;
- Ensure monitoring through regular meetings, check ins (field visits if and when needed) and other appropriate instruments, identify existing challenges and potential risks, and relay feedback to the Programs Director;
- Support ‘Program Managers’ to submit quarterly and annual technical reports in compliance with the program timelined;
- Work in close coordination with the operations team and oversee procurement and processes as required based on program implementation’s needs;
- Contribute to draw evidence-based lessons learned from the field, identify success stories and best practices, and relay feedback to the Programs Director;
- Support the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes;
- Perform rigorous training needs assessment, develop and organize capacity development training for the programs’ core team;
- Ensure programs’ risks assessments and needs assessments are conducted according to the highest operational standards.
- Ensure efficient regular management of the overall programs budget as well as close monitoring of spending, and relay prompt feedback on potential over/underspend to the Programs Director;
- Work in collaboration with the Finance Department, draft monthly expenditure forecasts/spending plan as well as quarterly expenditure forecasts in compliance with designated requirements. This includes ensuring that all required monthly expenditure forecasts/spending plans are timely available for transmission to the relevant focal point and as the program timelines dictate;
- In conjunction with the Finance unit, support the production and review monthly management accounts and quarterly financial reports in compliance with requirements. This includes ensuring that all required financial reports are produced as per the program reporting timeline;
- Actively participate in weekly/monthly/quarterly review meetings.
- Review and raise appropriate Purchase Requests (PRs) with correct budget codes and in-line with the allocated budget lines.
Program Quality (Assurance and Control):
- Monitor program implementation against work plans and overall project objectives, documenting progress and achievements;
- Conduct regular project review meetings incorporating both qualitative and quantitative data, with partners to assess the level of achievement of project targets for the assigned sites;
- Identify gaps and manage systems and navigate process improvement areas to enhance the efficiency of inter-departmental work;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed and report any suspected information security violation and/or breach to the concerned department.
- Support in production of and review monthly/quarterly impact reports by coordinating with each program site;
- Working closely with country programs, departments, institutions, field operations and senior officials ensuring coordinated, streamlined and professional communication throughout the organization;
- Assisting and facilitating country programs in creating and delivering communication plans according to priorities, and as needed support to document case studies, capture lessons learned, and share best practices;
- Support in developing external facing communication and coordination and maintain regular contacts.
- Represent the programs’ with education, safeguarding/protection and relevant stakeholders – as and when needed, to foster ownership of Program approaches and effective participation in planning and implementation, in line with a community-based and human-rights based approach;
- Coordinate implementation between the Program field teams and maintain synergies during implementation.
- Identify, document and ensure the utilization of key program learning for future improvements;
- Organize reviews for more effective program delivery;
- Support in developing program modalities, approaches and subsequent budgets for new proposals.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- At least 4 -5 years proven experience in the humanitarian and/or development sector and of managing diverse team/s.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
- Proficient in qualitative analysis and documenting them into high quality analytical reports.
- Experience in accounting, financial and review management (budgeting, spending etc.).
- Proactive and vibrant reporting, communication and organizational skills.
- Good IT skills including use of MS Office, Google Drive, accounting software and Slack.
- Fluent knowledge of the English language written and oral
- Completion of CRB/background check.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a copy of their CV, Cover Letter, and a written authorization to personal data processing, by sending an email, indicating in the subject “***Senior Programs Manager***”, to the address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Still I Rise.