Job Title: Senior Programs Manager
Department: Programs Department
Reporting to: Executive Director
Application Deadline: 31-10-2022
The Day After (TDA) is a Syrian non-profit organization that is working to countering authoritarianism and support democratic transition in Syria. It adopts the values of human rights in accordance with international conventions and covenants.
Syrians’ rights, peace, stability, and prosperity can only be achieved through a process of democratic transition and a comprehensive national program for transitional justice that lays the foundation for justice and reconciliation.
Empowering Syrian civil society and influencing decision-makers to serve democratic transition and justice in Syria.
TDA identifies the following as goals that should guide the efforts of political transition:
- Supporting civil initiatives locally inside Syria and supplying them with knowledge in the areas of justice, human rights, and the political transition from an authoritarian regime to a democratic one.
- Supporting justice and accountability efforts by supporting victims of human rights violations in Syria, especially victims of arbitrary arrest, enforced disappearance and displacement, and monitoring patterns of violations and raising awareness of relevant actors and stakeholders.
- Supporting the efforts of the political transition from its position in the Syrian civil society in line with its values and objectives.
- Coordinating the efforts of Syrian civil society in the areas of transitional justice and engaging in the formulation of a political transition.
For more information about us and our programs please visit our website:
The Day After is looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager. This is a full-time, senior management position that reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist TDA management in developing new project initiatives and take a leading role in developing the Organization’s Programs and proposals.
- Manage a portfolio of complex projects by developing efficient work plans, risk mitigation plans, and intensive follow-ups.
- Contribute to annual revisions of TDA strategies and development.
- Provide support, coaching, and consultancy to project managers and officers to ensure that the program’s goals and objectives are set and achieved through programs’ activities.
- Ensure that the program’s activities are conducted according to the organization, donors, and legal requirements, in addition to identifying and evaluating the risks associated with the program’s activities.
- Provide on-site leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Contribute to designing Program budgets closely with the financial officer and request the expenses of implementation accordingly.
- Assist the management and the financial officer to have all expenditures in compliance with standard requirements.
- Support MEAL department to ensure that data is collected accurately and timely and that progress reports are following donors’ requirements.
- Contribute to hiring process upon request from a direct supervisor.
- Contribute to Programs’ staff performance evaluation.
- Ensures that all Programs’ staff are receiving the required facilities and support in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all programs’ documentation is filed in a timely and coherent manner to be accessible to the relevant TDA team.
- Brief TDA management about the progress and challenges of the projects’ activities on weekly basis.
- Prepare presentations for TDA performance to be used in internal and external events.
- Represent TDA in meetings and workshops with partners, stakeholders, and donors as assigned by the management.
- Other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experiences:
Bachelor or master’s degree in political science, international relations, or public policy. Master’s degree is preferred.
Requirements and Skills:
- No less than 7 years of experience working in the humanitarian field.
- Ability to travel worldwide.
- Experience in relations with international organizations, especially non-profit organizations.
- Good reporting skills.
- Sound judgement and ability to make impartial recommendations.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (spoken, written, and reading).
- Experience delivering capacity building training and materials development is preferred.
- Hard-working, proactive, and able to priorities and delegate a demanding workload.
- Proficiency in using software and Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint …).
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to coordinate with multiple parties.
- Presentation skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong public speaker.
- High Organizational skills.
How to apply
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to follow this link to apply https://forms.gle/L8FPpdQCvzvVKHgGA
We have an equal opportunity and inclusive and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We do not and will not discriminate based on age, race, nationality or citizenship, gender expression or identity, religion, economic background, disability, or sexual orientation.
**Female candidates are encouraged to apply.