iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP has been actively operating in Afghanistan since 2010, providing solutions to the information management (IM) needs of the humanitarian community to support informed decision making processes. iMMAP delivers IM products and services to key partners in humanitarian response and disaster risk reduction, including but not limited to humanitarian clusters, USAID implementing partners, UNOCHA, the Afghan Government, and civil society. We work towards ensuring that data consistency and standardization are integrated into all systems for more efficient and cost-effective emergency response by all humanitarian actors.
As part of iMMAP ongoing efforts to maintain support to the humanitarian partners in Afghanistan, we are seeking a Senior Developer/Data Engineer to support the maintenance of two portals developed by iMMAP and draft a strategy for updating their technology stack improving their functionalities. The role requires knowledge of geoNode and other and geo-spatial data harversting and processing technologies as well as cloud computing infrastructure and modern web development stack.
Description of Duties
The Senior Full Stack Developer/Data Engineer will be leading a team of 4 developers and in charge of optimizing development workflows and processes as well as:
- Assessing the current architecture of the 2 platforms
- Drafting a development roadmap to achieve stability of the 2 systems
- Determining business requirements and designing data structures to fit business needs
- Implementing and maintaining databases and data flows
- Maintaining and developing APIs and integrations with 3rd party systems
- Analyzing data flows and identifying trends to improve database operations
- Providing insights about how to best use the existing data
- Developing ways to optimize tedious customization tasks
- Improving and modernizing the web sites front-end
- Improving overall user experience
- Writing comprehensive technical documentation
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- 5+ years of experience working with data management
- Familiarity with common modern stacks
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages and frameworks (e.g. C#, Java, Python, Laravel, Node)
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Experience with AWS environment
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle, PostGres, etc)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply:
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/364