Senior Electricity Advisor, DOS Bureau of Energy Resources (ENR), Evaluation of Technical Assistance (2014-2022), Caribbean
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is pursuing an eight-month contract to conduct an evaluation to assess the effectiveness of ENR assistance activities conducted by the Commercial Law and Development Program (CLDP), Deloitte and National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) in the Caribbean region. The collected information and analysis will be used to inform optimized policy, procedures, and assistance delivery options to advance power sector development and decarbonization efforts in the Caribbean and potentially globally.
SI is seeking seeking a consultant to serve as the Senior Electricity Advisor, who will provide expertise on energy legislation, regulations, and operational issues that govern power sectors. The Advisor will be expected to advise on electricity access and supply in the Caribbean region, as well as key constraints to the energy sector investment, through strengthening regulation, improving planning and procurement, improving management of electricity trade, demonstrating and scaling energy efficiency technologies and practices, and providing capacity building to institutions and human resources for energy sector management.
This evaluation will be conducted remotely, with a potential trip to Jamaica if determined feasible. If awarded, the contract is expected to begin in October 2022.
- Provide key sectoral advice on electricity access and supply in the Caribbean region, as well as key constraints to the energy sector to inform the evaluation.
- Support in the evaluation design, tools and methods development, and analysis of evaluation data.
- Support the Team Leader in managing and implementing the evaluation.
- Participate in remote data collection activities.
- Contribute to the evaluation report, findings, and analysis.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, or another relevant field.
- At least 10 years’ experience on legislation, regulations, and/or other technical and operational issues that govern power sectors.
- Experience in international development in the Caribbean, especially The Bahamas, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and Trinidad and Tobago, strongly preferred.
- Experience in the electricity sector and power market support strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis methods preferred.
- Fluent in oral and written English; proficiency in local languages appropriate to the region/country of the project is an advantage.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply