With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Senior Director for Humanitarian and Development Capacity and Capabilities, you will grow and strengthen the technical capabilities and capacities of World Vision’s humanitarian and development workforce, (staff and partners) leading the development and implementation of learning and professional development initiatives, supporting technical talent management and communities of practice in close collaboration with key stakeholders across the World Vision (WV) Partnership.
You will work closely with global and regional colleagues across WV’s Global Field Operations, People & Culture and Support Office teams. You will oversee the humanitarian surge capacity mechanisms for major humanitarian responses and the development programmes ‘technical academy’ that works across WV’s priority sectors: child protection, health and nutrition, education, livelihoods and WASH, and will strengthen capabilities to partner effectively with local actors.
You will be a member of WVI’s Humanitarian (Disaster Management) and Development (Ministry Integration) leadership teams, supporting work across the humanitarian-development-peace nexus and aligning systems and processes between these within World Vision’s wider learning and development systems.
- University Degree or Post graduate qualification and/or professional background in strategy development, operational implementation, international development/ humanitarian or other relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years of field operations and programme management experience in a development and humanitarian organisation.
- A strong track record in leading learning, capacity building, and professional development initiatives
- Solid experience in managing team on-site and virtually including attracting, retaining, and developing of talent.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- International travel (20 %) including leadership meetings, field visits, external engagement/ representation at international conferences, fora.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply onlineby the closing date of 25 NOV 2023.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.