Chemonics seeks a risk analysis and reporting manager (RARM) for the ongoing FCDO Syria Education Programme. The risk analysis and reporting manager works closely with the technical and program implementation teams, implementing partners, as well as FCDO staff to ensure the project is adequately prepared to anticipate and respond to different types of risk. The risk analysis and reporting manager informs the design, management, implementation, and oversight of programme activities from a risk perspective and continuously assesses different types of risks to programme activities and provide mitigation strategies. The risk analysis and reporting manager will work with the project’s field teams and partner staff inside Syria to track all incidents linked to program activities and escalate all identified risks and incidents in a timely manner to the team lead. This position will be fully remote, and locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Regularly identify potential risks and necessary mitigations to improve programme’s risk reporting and mitigation**
- Research on-going conflict situations and its potential risk to improve programme’s understanding of key actors, contexts, causes, options, and capabilities
- Ensure the program is provided with timely and reliable data and valid analysis to support programmatic decision-making on risk management
- Manage and regularly update the program’s risk assessment and mitigation framework including the risk registrar in compliance with standards, regulations, and procedures required by donors and Chemonics
- Identify and analyze perceived, actual, direct and indirect threats, and develop/update risk analysis and mitigation measures. Utilize threat analyses to forecast trends and conflict shifts that may impact programme strategy or activities
- Mentor downstream partners to ensure understanding of all risks associated with activities, and that partners develop a robust risk management approach in line with the program risk management policy
- Work closely with the Manahel field team and partners staff to build their capacity in the risk analysis and reporting so that they can report all program related incidents to the project Team Lead and donor in a timely manner, including training programs and continuous capacity building activities
- Maintain an accurate and timely record of all incidents and risk reports while upholding confidentiality and Chemonics’ information sharing protocols
- Prepare regular contextual updates about the programme operating environment and share them with the project’s senior management team and donor as needed
- Prepare and regularly update supported schools and education spaces’ status. Produce quarterly report on disruption of education due to the conflict and other contextual factors.
- Work closely with the Safeguarding focal point to ensure effective reporting of safeguarding concerns while maintaining the distinction at policy and local procedure level between safeguarding and other risks, including the unique requirements of child safeguarding
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, political science, or another related field. A Master’s degree in a related field is highly desirable
- At least three years’ experience in risk analysis, conflict research and/or management and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in risk management including developing risk analysis, identifying risks and mitigations for similar projects in similar contexts
- Strong understanding of the conflict and security situation in Syria, previous experience in Syria is a must
- Experience in inclusive programming, and mainstreaming of gender and conflict sensitivity
- Experience and knowledge in collecting and analyzing data from different sources and forecast trends and events based on the analysis of data
- Strong experience in establishing and maintaining incident identification and reporting mechanisms
- Strong communications and presentation skills in English and Arabic
- Fluency in Arabic, with strong speaking and writing skills in English
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Risk Analysis and Reporting Manager in the subject line to SEPPMU1@chemonics.com by October 15, 2021 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.