Educo is a global development NGO with a head office in Barcelona, Spain that has over 25 years in service and defense of children and their rights. We envision a world where all children fully enjoy their rights and lead a life of dignity. We work with children and their communities to promote just and equitable societies that guarantee their rights and wellbeing. We value collective learning and the willingness to carry out dynamic processes.
Educo Philippines has its country office in Legazpi City, Albay and has been operating within the Bicol Region since 2005. It now has two field offices, one in Pilar, Sorsogon and another in Caramoran, Catanduanes. Through its programs on Education, Child Protection, Child-Friendly Local Governance and Child-Centered Disaster Risk Reduction Management (CC-DRRM), Educo Philippines has so far reached at least 150,000 children, 31,000 adults, 192 schools, 12 municipal LGUs, 184 barangay LGUs and 381 communities in the provinces of Camarines Sur, Sorsogon and Albay. In 2019, EDUCO expanded its operations in Catanduanes for sponsorship and in Zamboanga Peninsula through local implementing partners.
The general objective of this consultancy is to determine the extent to which the project was implemented as designed and the degree to which it is having an effect on the partner beneficiaries.
The scope of work for this engagement includes:
- Evaluate the degree of progress in achieving the goal and objectives.
- Evaluate the achievement of the project in terms of project outputs and outcomes.
- Document promising practices and lessons learnt as a result of the project that could be scaled up or replicated.
- Provide inputs if the project was able to operationalize the child-centered DRRM approach.
- Assess the project performance based on the evaluation criteria.
- Generate recommendations that will contribute for further improvement in designing and implementation of related programs/projects.
- Ensure accountability for results to funders, local stakeholders and target reach
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CONSULTANT’S range of responsibilities and deliverables include the following:
- Evaluation workplan
- Data gathering methodologies
- Data Gathering Tools/instruments with key questions for each evaluation criteria. Tools will be per type of respondents that will be agreed with the Evaluation Management Team (EMT).
- A comprehensive report: two drafts and a final report which will be reviewed and commented by the EMT
The Consultant must possess the following qualifications:
- Experienced in conducting project or end-of-project evaluations;
- Experience in child-related evaluations, gender and similar studies;
- Experience with child development NGOs or at least 5 years of progressive experience in DRRM work and governance;
- With excellent written and verbal skills in English and Filipino. Proficiency in Bicol language, an advantage.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ARRANGEMENTS:
The consultant will maintain direct coordination with Project SAFE Coordinator. The Fundación Educación y Cooperación – Educo shall have the sole ownership of the final output.
How to apply:
Interested party may submit their proposal to email@example.com. Copy of the tender package can be downloaded from this LINK: