RFI FY23 151 Project to Improve Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on the Plan-international.org site
Plan Limited is currently reviewing the provision of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) services on Plan.org sites. As part of developing our plans to meet this requirement we are issuing this Request for Information (RFI). This RFI is one vehicle by which we can systematically identify similarities and differences between consultants in the market, and additionally gain a greater understanding of specific suppliers’ abilities, core business and strategic outlook with respect to Plan’s project to improve SEO on plan-international.org site.
You are invited to submit a response to this RFI. The purpose of the RFI at this stage is to prequalify consultants based on their responses, selected consultants will be invited to perform presentations and/or demos. This will be considered solely for the purposes of building a greater understanding of the marketplace and industry’s ability to fulfil our requirements. We look forward to your response by the closing date and time provided on the cover page of our RFI documentation.
PART 1 – BACKGROUND
Plan-international.org is a WordPress multisite platform hosting over 80 sites (ranging from 1 page to 100s of pages). This platform was launched in March 2022. The largest site – the global site – at plan-international.org is a brand positioning and advocacy and campaigning platform for a global audience. The subsites – at /subsite – serve countries and regions where we work, and advocacy offices.
The whole platform is managed by an in-house team of content and design specialists – the digital team based at the Plan International Global Hub in Woking – supported by an external web development agency. Content on a number of the subsites is managed by local offices, with oversight by the digital team.
The digital team supports search engine optimisation (SEO) across all sites, with a focus of effort on the global site.
- The team conducts keyword research; there is a basic keyword plan in place across the global site only;
- We analyse user behaviour and interaction on the website using GA4 and CrazyEgg heatmapping.
- Moz.com is used to monitor the site for on-page SEO issues and opportunities.
- We also have a GoogleAd grant, with ppc managed by the digital team.
- We use the Yoast SEO plugin to set site-wide search display settings and some custom code to set network-wide search display settings.
- And we use Search Console to monitor overall performance, keyword opportunities, deal with indexing issues and identify causes of low-quality traffic.
The sites are cloud hosted on Altis DXP and the Amazon Cloudfront CDN.
- Background Information on Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child, but this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination and its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Read more about Plan International’s Global Strategy: Girls Standing Strong at https://plan-international.org/strategy
1. 1 The Opportunity
Objectives of the SEO project
We are seeking to increase levels of traffic to the global site, in support of our strategic objectives to:
- Position Plan International as the go-to organisation for girls’ rights, communicating our global brand, and the core aims of the All Girls Standing Strong strategy, through our thematic programme areas and associated humanitarian programming and influencing, and our global campaign.
- Mobilise public engagement around our global campaigns so that audiences feel compelled to support Plan’s work.
- Facilitatedonations to fundraising offices.
We are specifically aiming to:
- Understand the current position re SEO and identify priorities for improvement
- Improve on-page SEO across the global site
- Act on any neglected areas of SEO
- Optimise key word planning and implementation, and other SEO processes.
- Enhance the digital team’s skills and knowledge of best practice.
- Improve the digital team’s practice of measurement and optimisation.
Potential scope of work
Due to budget limitations, we will have to sequence tasks that are identified by this project as essential for initial work, and also plan the less urgent work for a later date.
We are looking for a consultant to support our team in the following ways. Prioritisation of these tasks will be based on recommendations from the consultant on the most effective course of action, within the time available, in agreement with the digital team.
- For this project, a focus on SEO across the global site only.
- Audit current state in relation to SEO and discover the areas where improvements will be most effective.
- Develop SEO strategy, and implementation plan
- To be carried out by the consultant and the digital team
- To include recommendations or plans for ongoing measurement and enhancement by the digital team
- To include steps to leverage the GoogleAds grant and social channels to support SEO/site traffic.
- Identify areas for improvement in the digital team’s working practice on SEO
- Training or documentation for the digital team to enable them to implement the strategy and plan.
- Review of suitability of existing tools and solutions (Yoast SEO, Moz.com, WordPress and hosting configuration), with recommendations for improvement or additional tools.
- Identify areas where ongoing consultant or agency support would provide value in increasing traffic to the site.
We are seeking a description of the areas you would focus your effort, in order of priority, key services supplied, and working methods, and an itemised quotation that would allow us to schedule tasks according to budget.
Deliverables and timing:
Deliverables for this project are to be confirmed and depend on which elements from the above are in the final scope. The project is intended to run from late April to 2023 to end June 2023.
Deliverables could include but are not limited to:
- Audit and report on current state of SEO
- Recommendations for SEO strategy and tactics
- Guidance on ways of working, tools and technology
- Training and/or documentation for the digital team
Due to budget constraints, we would expect to work with an individual consultant and to agree a number of days support for this project (estimated 5-10 days).
This could become a longer-term consulting engagement.
1. 2 Purpose of the RFI
The purpose of this RFI is to allow Plan to assess supplier responses and use the resultant assessments in future decision making in regard to supply of the Opportunity. Whilst it is the intent of Plan to compare supplier responses for the purposes of pre-qualification and possible short listing for further consideration, Plan Limited makes no obligations or undertakings in any way to:
a) go to tender; or
b) accept any RFI information received from suppliers; or
c) include suppliers responding to this RFI in any future tender invitation; or
d) any other commitment to suppliers whatsoever, including any intention to form a contract with any supplier for provision of the Opportunity.
PART 2 – INSTRUCTIONS
This Part sets out instructions regarding submission of responses to this RFI.
2. 1 RFI key dates
RFI Issue: 3rd March 2023
Deadline for interested parties to submit question/clarifications: 10th March 2023
Deadline for Consultants to submit a proposal to this RFI: 17th March 2023
2. 2 Queries and questions during the RFI period
Consultants are to direct any queries and questions regarding the RFI content or process to firstname.lastname@example.org . Plan may choose to convey responses to submitted questions and queries to all suppliers so that each is equally informed.
2. 3 Response lodgement methods and requirements
Consultants must submit one copy of their response to Plan by the following method:
By email to: email@example.com . The subject heading of the email shall be “RFQ FY23 151 Project to Improve SEO on Plan-international.org site”. Electronic copies are to be submitted in PDF and native (e.g. MS Word) format and suppliers may submit multiple emails (suitably annotated – e.g. Email 1 of 3) if attached files are deemed too large to suit a single email transmission.
Responses must be prepared in English and in the format requested in Part 3 of this RFI.
2. 4 Late responses
Consultants are responsible for submitting their response prior to the RFI closing date and time in accordance with the acceptable lodgement requirements described in Clause 2. 3. There will be no allowance made by Plan for any delays in transmission of the response from supplier to Plan. Any Proposal received by the Company later than the stipulated RFI closing date and time may be removed from further consideration by Plan.
2. 5 Suppliers to inform themselves
Plan has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the RFI is accurate; however, Plan gives no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the contained information.
2. 6 Costs of preparing the response
All costs relating to the preparation and submission of a response are the sole responsibility of the consultant. Plan shall not pay the supplier, wholly or in part, for its response.
2. 7 Confidentiality
Except as required for the preparation of a proposal, consultants must not, without Plan’s prior written consent, disclose to any third party any of the contents of the RFI documents.
2.8 Acceptance of these Conditions
Consultants, by submitting a response to this RFI, are deemed to have acknowledged and agreed to the conditions set out in this RFI and have read and agreed to Plan’s general Terms and Conditions included in this RFI at a later stage.
PART 3 – INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED
This Part details all the information consultants are required to provide to Plan. Submitted information will be used by Plan as set out in Clause 1. 2. The following minimum information is to be provided. If this information, or any additional information, is available on your website please provide the address to enable Plan to undertake further analysis.
3.1 Consultan’s details:
- Consultant’s name: Full Name, registered name (if any), registered address, email address and phone number.
- Consultant’s CV
3. 2 Consultant’s capabilities and experience- RFI Response
The consultant will be able to demonstrate previous successes in building organic traffic for websites or organisations engaged in advocacy and campaigning. And demonstrate knowledge of how SEO best practice can be applied to non-commercial sites that do not engage in e-commerce or fundraising. Awareness of the international development and humanitarian sector and the nature of our work would be beneficial.
Please indicate in your response how you would address the suggested scope of work and your proposed deliverables.
3. 3 Indicative Pricing
Details of indicative rates and prices to perform the Opportunity.
3. 4 Other Information
Any further information you believe Plan may require in support of its RFI review
Women-owned businesses and companies actively engaged or advancing gender equality and women empowerment in the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Responses to this RFI should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th March 2023 17:00 GMT.
Please quote the RFI Reference” RFI FY23 151 Project to Improve Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on the Plan-international.org site” in all correspondance.