Brief description of organization
Progress Inc. is a private research consulting company which offers services in research, monitoring and evaluations, assessments, capacity building and other data management to public, private and non-profit actors and institutions in the social development sector. The organization works in different social development themes including gender, education, governance, livelihood, agriculture, DRR, WASH, child protection and more.
We are looking for a representative to be based in Nairobi, Kenya as the Research Specialist with prior experience in a research company that will support in expanding our operations and research / evaluation work in the African region. This individual must be open to building our network in the region, be able to work independently in a supposed start-up setting, and provide technical input in tool development and report writing. We are looking for a mature, responsible and accountable individual who will represent our organization.
Please submit the application via email to email@example.com
Position Title: Research Specialist
Working Days: 5 days a week, Monday – Friday (Hybrid)
- Represent Progress Inc. in Kenya and the African market
- Hold weekly meetings for updates, assigning and information dissemination
- Maintain, network and build relationship with clients, consultants, and partners
- Scout RFPs and research work in the region
- Draft excellent proposals for research, monitoring and evaluation work
- Provide quality assurance measures to tools, planning, and reports, prior to deliverable
- Conduct field work for validation and stakeholders’ consultation, when required
- Responsible for report editing, writing and finalization, based on qualitative analysis / information (ability to analyze both qualitative and quantitative knowledge is preferred)
- Ability to identify problems in the organization and provide immediately solution with effective implementation for future
- Follow branding guidelines of the organization for formatting and other purposes
- Proficient in research methods, evaluation and assessment is a MUST
- Excellent English and Swahili skills for communication and writing; other languages would be an added advantage
- Minimum Master’s Degree (Development Studies, Rural Development, Gender Studies, Anthropology, Sociology) or relevant to the position and role from a reputed/recognized University
- 5-9 years’ experience in a research company or firm with prior report writing experience for clients
- Knowledge of mobile data collection application and statistical data analysis packages – SPSS, STATA or other similar is an added advantage
- Excellent computing and formatting skills; MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.
- Able to multi-task handling and juggle different roles at the same time
- Able to work efficiently as required for the position
- Able to work independently with minimal to no supervision
- Able to assign work effortlessly; excellent management skills
- Honest and dedicated to the organization’s values; will be the representative of the company and willing to put forth the mission of the organization at all times
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 15, 2023 with the subject title of the email “Research Specialist”. Please note that shortlisted candidate will be notified via email for a short assessment, followed by an interview. The position has been re-advertised, so applicants who applied before, need not re-apply.