Deadline: 31 August 2022 (applications will be examined on a rolling basis)
Location: Remote or in any of the following countries: Turkey, UK, USA, Ukraine or other European countries
Organization: Crest Point for Consultancy and Development
Sector: M&E and research, Humanitarian Aid & Emergency, Project Management, Recovery, Protection and Gender, Development Sector, etc.
Job Type: Unpaid Internship / Volunteer (It can be a paid internship based on previous experience)
Languages: English is a must, Arabic and/or French are assets
Minimum work experience**: <1
Date posted: 15/07/2022
Position: Remote Business Development and M&E Unpaid Interns
Duration of assignment: 6 months. Based on performance, the position could become a paid internship and/or part/full-time job
About Crest Point for Consultancy and Development
Crest Point for Consultancy and Development, established in 2018, CPCD is an independent international company that aims to bring about data-driven, lasting, and sustainable developments for clients, partners, and communities, thus ensuring more accountable and evidence-based programming. Our company was founded by experts from various nationalities with extensive experience working for different donors, agencies, and partners including UNICEF, IOM, FAO, WFP, DFID, OFDA, USAID, EU, MoFA, ACF, Chemonics, GIZ, and SCI.
Crest Point aims to support its partners to develop their performance, increase their efficiency, and enhance their transparency towards their communities and donors. We provide high-quality services through the use of skilled teams who work in complex and conflict environments. These teams help us design and implement services in line with the needs of our partners. We work in MENA (Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Turkey, Jordan, and Lebanon) and North Africa (Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Sudan, etc.).
Description of the role:
CPCD is looking for Businesses Development/Capture and M&E Interns (paid or unpaid) to support the business development team with preparing bids, tenders, proposals, and concept notes for a variety of clients including I/NGOs, UN agencies, and other research centers and institutions. The BD Intern will report to the Head of the BD Unit and will support in preparing bids and tenders covering a variety of topics such as capacity building tenders, M&E and third-party monitoring tenders, project final and mid-term evaluations, research concept notes, etc covering several countries such as Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Sudan, Libya, Eygpt, Morocco, Tunisia, Ukraine etc. CPCD has been working in those countries in the last 3 years and has implemented more than 60 projects and consultancy assignments.
What do we offer?
Though the internship may start as a non-paid, yet we do offer you to work with experts in this field where you will develop substantially in M&E, research and business development. Under the supervision of the Business Development Head and Technical Managing Director, you will receive on-job training, coaching, and mentoring to develop your skills in M&E, research, and business development in this sector. Based on performance, the internship may become paid, or the position can turn into a part-time or full-time BD Assistant. CPCD has a large internship programme that aims to train and prepare interns for the market.
For this role, the potential intern(s) should have the following:
- Advanced language skills in English are a must, speaking and writing (Arabic or French are highly desirable but not a must)
- Advanced master’s degree in a related field: social sciences, English language, MBA, migration and development studies, international relations, etc. (desirable)
- At least one year of experience in a related sector (desirable)
- High communication and business development skills (must)
- Strong research skills (desirable)
- Preferable M&E and research experience in the Middle East and North Africa (desirable) or any other context
- Have an excellent understanding of the development or humanitarian sector
- Have a deep understanding of the political climate in the Middle East, particularly Yemen, Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, etc.
- Good knowledge or related experience in the MENA or North Africa regions
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing and editorial skills for businesses development purposes
- Design and market mapping skills (preferable)
- Reporting and emailing skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their C.V. and a covering letter (in one document) expressing their interest in this internship opportunity through this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidates willing to apply for the position should write the following email subject. Any applications that do not have the correct labeling will be disregarded:
Email Subject: “Business Development and M&E Internship Application”
Your organized CV will give us an impression of your drafting, organization, and writing skills.
Crest Point will contact shortlisted candidates and arrange for a Skype interview and will discuss further details about the opportunity.
Note: Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and potential interns may be selected before the deadline.[...]