Organization: CARE USA
Closing date: 20 Jan 2021
CARE International is an organization driven by its mission to overcome poverty and social injustice. We currently work in over 93 countries with a focus on women and girls as the most disproportionately affected by poverty, while engaging men and boys as well. CARE’s East, Central and Southern Africa Regional Office (ECSARO) is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations in the region as well as the provision of support to Country Offices in the region. We are looking for a bright, dynamic, innovative and resourceful person on short term consultancy.
CARE USA Core Values Commitment:
The core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally.
The Liaison, under the supervision of Regional Director acts as main counterpart for CAUT and Ashoka East Africa; follow-up with all Country Offices (COs) participating in this project; coordinate all processes that call for regional alignment and use of synergies among participating COs; ensure exchange with and the support of relevant internal (e.g. CARE-USA Innovations team) and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic involvement in customization process of the Visionary Program (VP)-Support marketing of the second edition of the VP.
- Ensure that CARE initiatives in the 3 countries benefit from Ashoka´s Impact Transfer service- Provide guidance to and follow-up with the 3 COs on their involvement in the Impact Transfer (IT) component which aims at developing and scaling innovative solutions
Provision of Gender specific know-how: Support the CAUT Gender advisor to engender the program and all 3 components; Ensure implementation of “CARE´s VP Contribution ideas” paper which has a strong Gender lense
Project specific Public Relations and communication- Coordinate major Communications activities with the CAUT Communications Department ;Organize media briefings or other Communications events (to be defined)
Ashoka Learning and Action hub – project idea-Explore whether or not ECSA should participate in this potential pilot initiative in a consortium with Ashoka, the Red Cross and SOS Children´s Villages; If it is a go decision, help develop the project proposal to ADA
Qualifications and Experience–
- Prior engagement on similar leadership program management and liaison
- Some evidence of networking and experience in working with innovation hubs
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Effective project management skills
- Team player
- Agility and flexibility where required
- Proactive, solutions-focused approach
- Aligned with CARE’S core values
- Able to work independently
How to apply:
If you feel that you are driven, challenged and motivated to work with our organization in this particular consultancy work, can contribute to the fight against poverty, and have the necessary skill requirements, kindly send your expression of interest, updated CV, Company profile (where applicable) and financial proposal attached as one document to ECSA.Recruitment@care.org on or before 20th January 2021 with the subject title “Ashoka”.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply.