Location: UK, Mali or Niger
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 12 months
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £34,920 per annum for UK Based candidates/£27,936 per annum for Mali or Niger based candidates
Closing Date: 31st January 2022
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 36 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is currently recruiting for the position of an “Regional Desk Coordinator-West Africa”, on a 12 months Fixed term Contract to join its dynamic International Programmes Division. The Regional Desk Coordinator will be responsible to provide support to allocated country offices in delivery of effective programmes according to the Country Programme and Regional Strategies and raising the profile amongst donors and potential funders.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience in development/humanitarian areas
- An in-depth understanding of international development issues
- Proven track record of working in a similar role with an International NGO.
- Proven track record of field work experience with INGOs in developing countries in rehabilitation; development and emergency contexts
- Experience of working on emergency and/or disaster preparedness programmes in developing countries
- Experience of successfully fundraising and dealing with institutional donors and international donors
- Experience of and commitment to a participatory, supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; use of quantitative and qualitative research data collection in support of programme development.
- Proven experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management.
- Strong and well developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports
- Experience of distance management
- Fluent in English
For more information, please click on How to Apply link to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on Mid February 2022
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK (if UK based)
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
How to apply:
Please apply by completing our online application form: https://islamic-relief.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2487600?cid=1858&s=False&t=Regional-Desk-Coordinator&l=UK–Mali-or-Niger