As our Regional Communications Associate you will be part of an international team using cutting-edge communications to help shift Asia from polluting power to clean energy. You will have solid experience in strategic communications, ideally paired with a great nose for identifying, developing and placing high-impact stories. You’ll be able to liaise with communications experts as well as partners and funders in a diverse international setting, distilling and communicating evidence-based insights that can improve strategy and create change.
▪ Develop and execute strategic communication plans focused on supporting partners, driving stories and creating regional narratives.
▪ Ensure high-level media and stakeholder outreach, coordination, and follow up.
▪ Identifying, developing and placing powerful technical and human stories which work across different media markets.
▪ Build up op-ed channels with a variety of media organizations to place pieces around the region and identifying authors in different markets.
▪ Travel and pitch to media to ensure the content gets placed into key national media when needed.
▪ Develop a media coverage tracking metrics and track coverage and performance.
Experience and competencies
▪ Significant proven professional experience in journalism, strategic communications, or other relevant fields.
▪ Can-do attitude, proactive approach, productivity, and willingness to work hard are key.
▪ A team player and a natural collaborator with a passion for excellence.
▪ Excellent news judgement and story building for media and great engagement skills.
▪ Understanding of key media markets and proven experience in attaining high-level coverage in Asia.
▪ Fast-learning self-starter comfortable to work in a dynamic international environment; good understanding of the subject matter; keep close track of coverage in the region.
▪ Understanding of energy and climate landscape, particularly in the Philippines, would be highly desirable.
▪ Willingness and ability to travel and work unusual hours from time to time, due to the challenges of being part of an international team.
▪ The disposition to work with colleagues in a high-trust community of peers.
▪ Excellent communication and English language skills, both written and verbal; professional level competency in at least one other relevant regional language is essential.
▪ The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, etc.
▪ A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to climate and energy issues.
What we offer
▪ The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
▪ A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
▪ A full-time position with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location) for 12 months, with a possible renewal after one year.
Candidates can be based anywhere in Asia Pacific, with a preference for Manila.
Some international travel will be required. We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations.
Only candidates with the right to work in their location will be considered.
How to apply:
Please upload below:
- short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role
- both in English!
Application Closing Date: 20th October 2021
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.