ABOUT FIELD READY
Field Ready is a non-governmental organization that is dedicated to bringing innovation to international aid. Our vision is to meet needs by transforming logistics through technology, innovative design and engaging people in new ways. We make useful items to solve problems locally in various sectors such as health, water, and sanitation. We do this by using the latest technology as well as traditional manufacturing. We pass on these skills to others through training and pioneering innovative approaches to the toughest challenges. The impact of this is dramatically improved efficiency in aid delivery by quickly meeting needs and cutting procurement costs. Our approach is truly effective and ground breaking.
Field Ready is looking for a Regional Accountant (for 4 to 6 months). The work will entail the handling of all general accounting transactions, preparation of journal entries, assisting with month-end close and reconciliation and analysis of Balance Sheet accounts. In addition, this position will support the Finance Lead with global accounting activities.
Please note that this position is remote without expectation of travel by covering the Middle Eastern region. Salary payment will be based on qualifications and experience but with consideration of location and budgetary constraints.
The Regional Accountant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Creating / pre-audit of bills in Field Ready accounting system.
2) Ensure transactional level donor/Field Ready policies compliance.
3) Processing all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payables transactions
4) Reconciliation of travel transactions and reporting
5) Monthly reconciliation of banking transactions to cloud-based accounting system
6) Monthly reconciliation and analysis of all other Balance Sheet
7) Support of global staff on accounting issues
8) Support Global Finance Lead in preparing monthly BvA for live projects
9) Assist with annual audit / project audit
10) Creation and/or updating of accounting policies and procedures
11) Helping Global Finance Lead in transitioning of new Accounting System (MS Dynamic)
PERSON SPECIFICATION Required
1) Solid knowledge of non-profit accounting principles / internal audit with a minimum of 5-7 years professional experience
2) Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
3) Candidate will work remotely and must have and maintain their own office equipment
4) Excellent computer/software literacy, including but not limited to cloud-based accounting systems (Xero experience a plus), Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams
5) Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
6) Ability to meet deadlines
7) Excellent written and oral communication skills
8) Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse, multi-cultural team
9) Commitment to humanitarian principles and an interest learning Field Ready’s approach
10) Ability to meet deadlines
11) Excellent written and oral communication skills
12) Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse, multi-cultural team
13) Commitment to humanitarian principles and an interest learning Field Ready’s approach
14) A good sense of humour and an understanding/readiness to work with an organization experiencing growth
15) Fluent in English
16) Preferably immediate start
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter that describes your qualifications, reasons for applying and understanding of the requirements outlined above. This letter should be no more than two pages. Please submit this cover letter along with your CV and fee expectations to the following email: tanveer.butt [at] fieldready.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.