iMMAP is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP will conduct capacity building for regional Ministries of Health in 5 Regions (Littoral, Adamaoua, West, North West and South West). The focus will be on developing the capacity of public sector staff at the District, Hospital, and Regional levels, to improve analysis, interpretation, and make evidence-based decision-making using digital health data. The training will focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and COVID-19 vaccination data, with a focus on Microsoft PowerBi, Microsoft Excel, and DHIS2 platforms.
iMMAP is looking for a part-time consultant who will be able to develop and adapt, new and existing training content to help deliver capacity-building activities
This is a remote, home-based position, and the position is dependent upon funding
Proficient in both English and French is essential
Description of Duties
iMMAP is looking for a part-time consultant who will be able to develop and adapt, new and existing training content to help deliver capacity-building activities. The Public Health Information Systems – Training Content Developer will work closely with the Program Manager, Capacity Building Officers, the Ministry of Health, as well as Technical backstops within iMMAP. The PHIS advisor will serve as the principal public health expert and will lead the development of the curriculum and advising on content.
The trainings are expected to be between 2 and 5 days at the national and regional level and will have an adapted curriculum depending upon the audience. Training materials need to be developed for Regional -level trainings, and for District level trainings. District-level training will contain both district officials as well as persons working in HMIS within hospitals. Training content will need to be developed/ translated into both French and English owing to the regions where the project is implementing
- Review Existing PHIS Training content
- With the help of the Program Team and technical backstops, Adapt and adjust PHIS training content as per the programs needs and different activities
- An advanced university degree or equivalent experience in Epidemiology including Health Information Systems
- At least 6 Years of experience in working on Health Data using Health Management Information Systems is essential;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience and a background in academic, non-profit, development, humanitarian internationally-focused organizations;
- Experience working with National or Regional Governments is desirable;
- Experience in Sexual, Reproductive, and Maternal Health Data is essential;
- Experience with vaccination data is desirable
- Experience with DHIS2 is essential, and experience with PowerBi and similar platforms is highly desirable ;
- Experience in designing training content focused on the needs of adult learners;
- Experience in delivering trainings, workshops, and coaching;
- Soft skills
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; is willing to learn from others;
- Planning & Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Takes initiatives, manages own use of time and is self-motivating;
- Proven ability to work in teams;
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/591