International Women’s Initiative (IWI) is an organisation which raises awareness of the threats to the human rights of women across the globe and to promote and assist in the achievement of gender equality. As an organisation which is run 100% by volunteers, we are looking for staff who can help grow IWI while ensuring we remain true to our mission and goals. PERFORMED REMOTELY
IWI Prospect Researchers are our fundraising gurus. You will identify, collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate information on stakeholders, stakeholder groups and issues of strategic importance to the fundraising team in order to enhance the team’s ability to successfully acquire funding for the activities of IWI.
• Using a broad spectrum of sources, you wil research, organise, and evaluate a prospect’s financial capacity, ability to give, willingness to give, charitable interests, and connection to IWI;
• Produce in-depth, well-written reports on prospects based on a combination of data from the donor database, available financial records and other markers of high quality donors;
• Writes frequent prospect briefings for the use of the fundraising team;
• Implement new research techniques as they arise, striving to design the ultimate prospect research methodology;
• Work with other fundraising staff to improve IWl’s fundraising strategies;
• Provide general support to fundraising staff and work on special projects when required;
• Investigate, analyse, and synthesise large quantities of data into a user-friendly and concise format for the use of the fundraising team;
• Be discreet with valuable and personal donor details that are often confidential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
• Qualify major gift prospects by researching and analysing individuals and corporate entities for: giving potential, and propensity to donate in order to establish priorities and strategies for the successful solicitation of donors;
• Devise strategies for obtaining new prospects in order to ensure the ongoing development, expansion, and renewal of the prospect base, to which IWI will turn for current and future support;
• Prepare detailed and up-to-date research briefings on prospects and/or groups of prospects for fundraising staff in advance of calls and events in order to obtain optimal outcomes;
• Participate in and contribute to the formulation of IWI’s strategy as it pertains to the processes and procedures of programmes and campaigns.
• A minimum of two (2) years of fundraising or related development experience are required;
• Must have demonstrated success in achieving fundraising goals;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment;
• Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including: research, teamwork, analytical thinking, and stakeholder awareness;
• Must possess the ability work with changing priorities and multiple projects;
• Excellent analytical, organisational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and active listening skills;
• Must be able to problem-solve and troubleshoot, in addition to the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment.
How to apply
Submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org