ABOUT THE WHITE HELMETS
The White Helmets also known as the Syrian Civil Defense is a Syrian local humanitarian organization dedicated to helping communities in Syria. The White Helmets implements projects in Syria since 2013. At present, the White Helmets portfolio spans 4 core business lines: Health, Search and Rescue, Early Recovery and Justice and Accountability. The WH implements its programs all over northwest Syria reaching a population of more than 4 million people. The White Helmets has support offices in Canada, Europe and Turkey with its head office based in Idleb, Syria.
The WH continuously seeks out opportunities for new funding to increase its portfolio for the affected Syrian population. The WH is seeking an experience proposal writer(s) to lead in proposal development for upcoming opportunities on case-by-case basis. The role will report directly to the Program Development Manager.
The consultant will work closely with the Program Development team in Canada under the direct supervision of the Program Development Manager. The proposal writer will be responsible for the development of high-value or complex proposals or bids. S/he will lead and write the proposal with input from other program development team.
• Participate in proposal design workshops, meetings with technical team and key staff from the field and the head offices.
• Write quality donor ready proposals and submit to Program Development Manager within agreed timelines.
• Working closely with the Program Development team, finalize proposal package, review all components i.e logic frame, timeframe..etc and ensure inclusion and consistency of all necessary documents such as Monitoring and Evaluation plans, detailed budgets, assessment reports, etc.
• Ensure that all quality standards are incorporated into all proposals.
• Provide mentoring to the team on proposal development.
The key expected deliverables for the Proposal writer included but not limited to the following:
- High quality written concept notes and proposals for institutional donors.
- One Year
- Strong understanding of the Syria context
- Previous experience writing successful large scale winning proposals for protracted humanitarian context
- Previous experience writing successful proposal for the institutional and government donors such as USAID, FCDO, GAC, UN, GFFO, etc.
- Good understanding of donor guidelines and priorities.
- Ability to work independently with less supervision
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written), Arabic is Plus
- Previous experience working with remote teams
- Good attention to details
- Good M&E experience
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
How to apply
This vacancy is open to both organizations and freelance consultants. Interested applicants should indicate their expression of interest by submitting the following documents through the Link
- Detailed copy of resume highlighting experience in successful proposal writing.
- Expression of interest letter indicating their interest and how they fit the role, the letter should include a list of past successful proposals and concept notes submitted highlighting the year, budget, sectors, and donors.
- The letter should also include name(s) and contact address of professional referee(s) that can verify the information submitted.
- Any other documents to strengthen your application, such as written samples.