The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
Provides operational financial support in relation to the projects that are being developed by the Alliance Research Areas and Programs. This involves the provision of assistance to budgetary analysis and financial support as project activities are being carried out (coordinating opening of a BUS’s, coordinating uploading budgetary information and necessary adjustments). Deliver information to prepare financial reports for projects and handle projects information requirements from donors.
Executes and completes transactions consistent with established rules and procedures.
Assist the PLANS Office with financial management of grants
- Prepare cost transfer request for review and approval;
- Collect data and documentation to support the preparation of the financial reports for donors to ensure reconciliation with the accounting records;
- Prepare supporting documentation for financial report submissions and audits;
- Execute the activities related to the signature process of financial reports, once all requirements are fulfilled.
Assist the PLANS Office with partner financial reporting and clearance processes
- Review the partner financial reports and ensure that the financial reporting checklist is complete; detect and report issues;
- Review the transaction list provided by the partner and ensure it matches with the financial report;
- Review supporting evidence provided by the partner and take the necessary actions as needed.
Assist the PLANS Office with grant opening and data management in our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Prepare the grant opening template for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system opening process;
- Prepare budget uploads in a timely manner to ensure budgets in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system are up to date.
Other support tasks as required from the PLANS unit.
Required qualification and experience
- Technology career education in economics, accounting, finance and related fields;
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience in finance units in process-oriented/ transactional activities;
- Proficiency in relevant software packages (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Knowledge of or experience with financial management software;
- Solid interpersonal, communications and teamwork skills; courtesy and tact, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different cultural and national backgrounds;
- Well developed skills in personal organization, filing and priority setting, problem solving and accuracy;
- Strong client orientation and service approach; and
- Sound judgment and initiative; ability to work independently within the assigned area
Skills and competence
- Work experience in an international environment
- Working knowledge of other languages**
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position and available for Malaysian nationals based in Penang, Malaysia. Contracts are issued and renewed annually, based on performance and availability of resources. This position is subjected to an initial six-month probation period. The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity.
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to apply online through the Alliance Careers website (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/careers) by clicking on the “Apply” button, completing the online application and attaching a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
This position is urgent and will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. We recommend applying as soon as possible and no later 31/5/2022.