Project Cycle Management Training – Terms of Reference
Summary Period: TBD in consultation with winning vendor. A three or four-day period during November 2022.
Reporting to: Deputy Country Director – Operations (NES).
Purpose The primary purpose of this ToR is to provide clarity on the project cycle management (PCM) training needs required from the Heads of Department in NES with a view to supporting the development of capacity development for Care’s staff including in the areas of MEAL, FSL, EME, WASH, PRO and for other support units Heads of Department.
- Output #1: Conduct assessment of capacity gaps for CARE’s staff in the areas of project cycle management.
- Output #2: Provide trainings and tools to NES-based Heads of Departments and deputies (between 10-14 individuals) on project cycle management, adapted to the needs outlined through completion of Output 1. This should include (but is not limited to) the following key areas: – Project cycle summary – Needs assessments – Project design – Accountability – Risk management & compliance – Action planning – MEAL – Project closure
- Travel to NES is required for the period of the consultancy, hosted by CARE Syria.
- All travellers must hold a certified HEAT certificate gained within the last 3 years.
- The period of travel is TBD based on conversations with the winning vendor, however this will be at some point in November 2022.
Key Internal Contacts Deputy Country Director – Operations CARE Syria Procurement Team Training Delegates (up to 14 individuals) Minimum Requirements Regional Protection Advisor ToR_CARE Syria
Required of all trainers: – Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Community Development, or other relevant Social Sciences discipline.
Desired: – Master’s degree in relevant subject
2) Experience/Technical Skills
- All applicants must have business status and be able to deploy between 2-3 experienced trainers for the duration of the training. CARE will not accept applicants made from individual/lone consultants for this ToR.
- All individuals assigned as trainers must have HEAT certifications for travel to NES.
- The lead trainer designated by the business to deliver this ToR must have the following experience: o At least 10 years’ experience of delivering PCM training in a humanitarian context
- At least 5 years’ experience of working or travelling to complex and insecure environments
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a humanitarian and/or development programs role o Keen familiarity with donor regulations, standards and compliance matters
- Excellent written and spoken English and attention to detail
3) Core Competencies
- Respect – Behaving in a manner that reflects a true belief in and appreciation for the dignity and potential of all human beings. Gaining other people’s confidence and setting an environment of trust and openness.
- Integrity – Maintaining social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles inherent to CARE.
- Excellence – Setting high standards of performance for self-and/or others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed; ensuring interactions and transactions are ethical and convey integrity.
- Diversity – Promoting, valuing, respecting and fully benefiting from each individual’s unique qualities, background, race, culture, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle, perspectives or interests; creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity.
Payment Terms Payment will be made upon delivery of the training, within 30 days from receipt of an official invoice together with any pre-approved travel allowances, per diems etc.
How to apply
Bidding Requirements & Terms:
CARE Syria invites qualified businesses to bid for this consultancy. To do so, please submit the following:
- Summary of services provided, per ToR
- Cover letter outlining the business’ experience suitability for the role
- Financial offer no later than Thursday 29 September 2022 by 17:00 Jordan time. Please be advised that applications received without a financial offer will be automatically disqualified from the procurement process.
Interested parties are required to submit: Regional Protection Advisor ToR_CARE Syria – Application for this proposal (summary of services, cover letter, financial offer) should be sent to the following email address before the deadline: email@example.com . – Financial offers should be denoted in USD. – All quotation prices should be valid for the duration of the consultancy and cannot be re-negotiated.