Programme Manager, Gavi CSO
GAVI CSO HOSTING ARRANGEMENT
Amref Health Africa is the new host of the Gavi Civil Society Organization (Gavi CSO) Hosting Arrangement. In this role, Amref Health Africa will work with a wide array of local, national to international civil society organizations (the Gavi CSO constituency) by providing coordination, strategic advisory services, constituency governance systems and process management, communications and administrative services, including advocacy, networking and knowledge management.
The Programme Manager will provide managerial and technical leadership on the Gavi CSO Hosting Arrangement. S/he will interact with and update the Gavi CSO Steering Committee daily, oversee the hosting agreement, develop and maintain strategic partnerships, develop and oversee annual work plans and budgets as well as ensure the programme is and remains in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Technical leadership – Provides management, vision, strategic direction and leadership in the delivery of the program objectives; Ensures the quality and timeliness of project implementation.
- Oversees CSO hosting services, namely a) Strategic Advisory Services; b) Gavi CSO Constituency’s Systems and Process Management; c) Coordination and Communications Services; d) Advocacy; e) Networking, Communication and Knowledge Management; f) Enhancing capacity services; g) Administrative tasks. The role supports the Steering Committee (SC) by convening meetings (including biannual face-to face meetings), implementing the workplan and recruiting new members.
- Partnership and relationship management – Fosters and nurtures strategic partnerships among actors at national and regional level that include CSOs, the private sector, the government, and the donor community. Serves as the principal contact person for Gavi and represents while cultivating and maintaining strong relationships and alliances with key government ministries, and CSOs at regional and local level. Manage the flow of information between teams and stakeholders to ensure the required information is available when needed.
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning – S/he ensures high quality results through a regular review process of overall performance, identifying steps for improvement and assuring appropriate follow-up as needed. Engages in Gavi’s learning agenda on civil society and community engagement, ensuring that lessons are fed back in and widely shared across the CSO Constituency.
- Reporting – Oversees the development and review of annual work plans and budgets and preparation of quarterly and annual reports submitted to Gavi. S/he will ensure timely submission of work plans, budgets and progress reports as well as other deliverables to Gavi.
- Civil Society and Community Engagement (CSCE) role – Participate and support weekly CSCE meetings in coordination with the CSO Constituency.
- Compliance – Ensures project operations comply with Amref Health Africa policies and procedures as well as Gavi rules and regulations. S/he will protect the organization from risks ensuring compliance with appropriate use of financial and other resources, as well as with local laws including registration, banking, local taxation, labor laws.
We are looking for a bilingual go-getter who will leverage on innovative approaches to manage stakeholders in the Gavi CSO Steering Committee and by extension the Gavi CSO Constituency. The ideal candidate must have strong people, networking, facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to lead small groups of people towards a common goal.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development, Non-Profit Management, or a closely related field.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in leading large and complex partnerships programs focused on working with Government, CSOs, gender equality approaches and strategies particularly for marginalized groups.
- Significant experience in leading large and complex donor-funded projects.
- Experience in providing technical assistance or coordination of immunization and/or primary health care services.
- Communication skills and team work
- Experience working in different continents such as Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Gavi policies, procedures, strategies and work.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders such as civil society, private sector, government ministries and officials, donors, community-based institutions.
- Ability to provide leadership, communicate effectively, conflict resolution, and promote a team approach to enhance staff commitment to the program’s success.
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English and French is preferred. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
- Ability to work with Government and CSOs for public health and development issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/programme-manager-5/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Kindly note that this position will remain open until filled, and selection process will be on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.