Providing comprehensive administrative, operational and project support, undertaking a broad range of functional activities relevant to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) directorate.
The post holder should have a clear understanding of the work the Chief Financial Officer Directorate carries out in order to fully support their work and prioritize their own workload.
The key responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate the production of the annual International Treasurer’s Report for Global Assembly; assist the finance team with drafting, editing and reviews of the report.
- Organise, coordinate and moderate the Quarterly Finance Sections webinars; prepare the slides, agenda, and translation with the in-house translation team.
- Assist Information & Technology (I&T) and Finance with preparation and finalizing of annual and quarterly budgets and re-forecast. Submit finalised re-forecast/annual budget to the Finance team and coordinate the final CFO sign-off.
- Update monthly I&T financial model between soft and hard close and report major variances to CIO. Provide updates on monthly financial position. Communicate any corrections to finance business partner between soft and hard close and provide summary for big variances.
- Manage requisitions and invoice payments through Dynamics 365 system for I&T, Finance and Legal departments on weekly basis. Respond and resolve any supplier’s queries.
- Support the International Income Manager with production of grants deliverables. Drafting of contracts/memorandum of understanding, production of annual grant proposal with Amnesty International Canada, Amnesty International Charity and Amnesty International UK, and production of mid-year and year-end progress reports as required by each entity.
- Assist Procurement with ad hoc work, drafting contracts and assistance with tender requests. Review and assist with ad-hoc tickets. Keep an updated tracker list of consultancy contracts for Amnesty International Limited.
- Organise finance inductions for new starters i.e plan agenda, materials, and speakers.
- Work closely with the Executive Coordinator to ensure the CFO directorate work-streams remain supported
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out own work independently and with minimal supervision, also when under pressure.
- Ability to proactively deliver tasks to agreed deadlines with attention to detail.
- High level of numeracy and experience with spreadsheets. Able to analyse and report on basic financial information. Experience of using budgets advantageous.
- Negotiation and diplomacy skills and ability to influence and persuade others.
- Ability to exercise judgment and sensitivity on external and internal matters and work with discretion/handle confidential information where required
- Ideally have experience of supporting senior members of staff by managing their calendars and emails, organization of meetings both externally and within the IS.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
Please note: we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.