Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer competitive compensation (salary + equity) that is location and level-based.
Medal is looking to hire a product designer to join our new small but mighty blockchain team. You will be in charge of leading all design efforts for our web3-based products inside the Medal ecosystem.
It’s a unique opportunity to dive into the world of NFTs, DAOs, and tokens and build products for an already existing large base of gamers worldwide. Our goal is to create the first mass NFT product for a non-crypto audience while keeping fundamentals that make web3 so unique (transparency, cross-platform ownership, provenance).
Our first product is focused on gamer identity and avatars. We want to turn your gaming skills and success into tangible valuable items.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design UI for desktop + mobile and build user interaction flows
- Own UX writing ? how can we use gaming as a familiar concept to introduce crypto to our users?
- Integrate web3 products into the existing Medal platform
- Define and refine our visual language. Contribute to our design system and collaborate with other product designers.
- Conduct user and market research to improve your design decisions
- Use insights to build comprehensive user stories, low-fidelity wireframes, and prototypes
- Communicate and present your ideas to the entire blockchain team (our team is spread across the globe but lean towards PST timezone for calls)
- Work closely with the Product Manager on the roadmap
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 2 years of product design experience (desktop & mobile)
- Shipped at least 1 working product with traction
- Experience in product research, user interviews, and fast-paced iterative prototyping
- Storytelling and UX writing skills. Communication is key.
- Experience creating/working with design systems
- Experience handing off your designs to engineers (well-written specs)
- Attention to detail and design sensibility
- Experience in explaining your design decisions
- Experience working with Figma
- Experience in gaming and consumer social apps
- Familiarity with the Blockchain, Ethereum, NFTs, and web3
- Interactive prototyping experience
- Motion design / conceptual design / 3D experience
- Front-end and/or smart contract experience
- Located in London (in this case, we can work in person from time to time ? but fully optional).
As a heads up, our typical process is:
? Phone screening
? Up to four interviews with different team members
? Reference checks
? Offer ?
? Fully remote work environment
? Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
? Home office budget
? Team gatherings once we can travel again
? Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
? Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
? Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
? 401K (US employees only)
? All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
Source: Behance JobList