The Big Picture
Can you bring your creative and visionary skills to help us build a wonderfully useful product? You will have the autonomy, access and support to do meaningful work that has a huge impact on our current client population of over three million readers. Contagious enthusiasm for
Zoobean’s mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role.
You will join a scrappy, dynamic, and fun crew of twenty-five full-time teammates, including twelve full-time product team members. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over three million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing to define and implement innovative solutions to product direction, visuals, and experience
- Create high fidelity, pixel-perfect interface designs with a focus on ease-of-use and accessibility
- Translate your designs into highly-functional and compliant front-end code
- Produce and format high quality digital assets as needed, which may include: advertisements, internal documents and slides, emails, landing pages, outbound promotional materials, and branded collateral
- Stay up-to-date with company services and offerings, competitive research, and current industry trends
- Assist in establishing and maintaining design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Bachelor’s degree in visual or interactive design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced design environment
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interactions
- Experience in front-end development (HTML, SCSS, JS)
- Experience with design software (eg. Sketch, Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience with prototyping software (MarvelApp, InVision, Zeplin, etc.)
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Based in Pittsburgh, PA or Remote
A Big Plus
- Comfortable developing code in a Rails / Ruby, Angular JS, or React environment
- Experience with email design and marketing tools (Hubspot, Klaviyo, MJML)
- Experience in building and maintaining presentation decks in Google Slides or Keynote
- Experience with motion design and/or video editing tools
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment ? able to juggle multiple projects and switch tasks throughout the day
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $70,000 to $85,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Participation in company’s stock incentive plan
- Participation in company’s quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Work from home with the option to have the company lease co-working space on your behalf
- $500 home office setup stipend
- Attend in-person team lunches every 6 weeks in Pittsburgh, DC, or Indianapolis
- Optionally participate in our annual team “refresh” where we kick back together at a resort or other destination
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year’s Day
- Office closed for all federal holidays
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We’re building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Hard Work: We believe that hard work keeps paying off and you can’t microwave experience. We finish stronger than we start.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.
Source: Behance JobList