PRIVATE SECTOR ADVISOR
Duration: Fixed term until July 2023
Location: The location is flexible within any Asian country where Oxfam has presence and can establish employment contract, preferably Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, or Indonesia
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Private Sector Advisor will be a technical lead to GRAISEA 2’s work. This role will engage with the private sector, develop and support the overall strategy, advise and support teams on activities implementation, working with key companies to influence them and leading on knowledge sharing and influencing work connected to private sector development.
What we are looking for
The Private Sector Advisor will be an experienced, dedicated, and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs with the following experience, knowledge and competencies:
- Experience of instigating, developing, and implementing partnerships with private sector companies, using a variety of tactics – business modelling, capacity support, market assessments etc – to adopt more inclusive and sustainable business practice
- Experience influencing companies to shift their behaviour, using a variety of tactics – partnership, advocacy, campaigning, policy etc – to encourage companies to adopt new more progressive business practices and to change their attitudes on key issues.
- Experience working with formal and informal multi-stakeholder initiatives and of supporting collaboration between companies and other stakeholders
- Direct experience of women’s economic empowerment programming with the private sector, and knowledge of and commitment to gender equality and women’s economic empowerment
- Experience of market systems development approaches to working with the private sector
- Knowledge and experience of the private sector in South and Southeast Asia including corporates, SMEs and business associations and their role in inclusive development.
- An established network of contacts with corporates, private sector groups and social enterprises to draw upon.
- Experience of and skills in supporting others to engage effectively with the private sector including support to capacity development and accompaniment – and remote support.
- Ability to work in innovative way, to operate in a pressured environment and to work effectively across a variety of cultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to the goals and vision of Oxfam.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Asia Regional Platform, to act as key contributor to the larger team, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their technical fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
How to apply:
To apply, please go to this link: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/16100/description
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and cover letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile . Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV.
Please mention your permanent as well as current address in the application/personal detail form.