ICMPD oversees and implements projects in the field of migration in a range of areas including capacity development, research, dialogue and procurement. The Border Management Programme for the Maghreb region (BMP Maghreb), implemented by ICMPD, is a regional programme planned in North Africa within the framework of the European Union Trust Fund for Africa (EUTF).
There are two components within this programme: the Moroccan component and Tunisian component – the latter is implemented with the Italian Ministry of Interior as co-delegate. The main objective of the programme for the Tunisian component, the focus of this call, is to support the strengthening of Tunisian Maritime National Guard (MNG) capacities in surveying, patrolling, and securing the national waters along the whole coastline. The MNG is part of the Directorate General of the Border Guard (DGGF) of the National Guard. It carries out the functions of control and surveillance of the National maritime area including all coastal area.
The project is supporting notably the purchase and implementation of an overall integrated maritime surveillance system composed of surveillance radar, private LTE communication and transmission network, and relevant coastal surveillance system.
Activities – Tunisia Component
The activities to be completed by the Short-term Expert within this assignment are as follows:
Activity 1: Support during the tendering phase for tenders related to the Supply and installation of Coastal surveillance systems with private communication network solution in the scope of the Border Management Programme for the Maghreb Region (BMP-Maghreb).
Activity 2: Technical support, supervision and advice on the installation process and integration of all equipment purchased under tenders related to the Supply and installation of Coastal surveillance systems with private communication network solution in the scope of the Border Management Programme for the Maghreb Region (BMP-Maghreb).
- Meeting and evaluation report(s);
- Provisional and/or final acceptance of the system approval report;
- Any other technical document required during the tender phase and implementation of the contract (as, for example, a motivation for derogation, draft of the testing protocol, snag lists, etc.)
- Report with recommendations for improving the system and ensuring the sustainability of the project.
The draft deliverables will be submitted throughout the contract period, but the latest final deliverables must be submitted no later than 1 month after the closing of the contract.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Technical studies in the area of competence;
- Experience working in/for an entity/ organisation, private or public (such as a public security agency, a private telecommunications company, etc.);
- At least five (5) years of experience in relation to the implementation of modern communication and transmission technologies and solutions for public safety networks, mobile network technologies, or mobile radio solutions, including being involved in the study/design or implementation of at least three (3) projects;
- Experience in LTE will be an asset;
- Previous experience in at least two (2) international projects (including in support to assessment, design, public tendering processes, as well as to the set-up and implementation of solutions) in this field is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Tunisia and the region is an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of French/Arabic will be an asset.
Compensation and support
- Experts and professionals are granted a fixed expert fee and a daily subsistence allowance according to the project’s rules;
- International travel, if applicable, is arranged and paid by the project;
- All experts are supported by the BMS team throughout the different stages of assignment and deployment.
How to apply
Experts shall send their CV and a letter describing clearly how their experience meets the desired requirements to the following email address: BMPMaghreb@icmpd.org
The title of the call should be included in the subject of the email.
Although the call remains open for the duration of the project, experts are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
CVs will be selected from the pool and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ICMPD cannot guarantee that all experts in the pool will receive assignments.