Submit Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be located in Sydney Australia
Part time option available
We’re seeking a creative Physical Products – Lead Product Designer Manager to lead the design team to develop top selling products. The ideal candidate will have experience creating designs and Illustrations for PHYSICAL PRODUCTS, and most importantly, experience developing visions for new collections & leading a team of designers.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to work closely with the company’s Founder, providing an incredible chance for personal growth and learning. As the company expands, you’ll find ample room to assume additional responsibilities and advance within your role.
Note: If you seek a role with routine and familiarity or if you struggle to work independently and need continual guidance, this is not the role for you. HOWEVER, if you possess a genuine passion to learn, are eager to gain insight on different area’s of the business, quick to make decisions, continuously coming up with ideas, love a fast paced environment where everyday is different, exciting, & challenging, want your work to be valued – then this position is for you!
This is a management role. Your job is to lead the design team and help them to improve their work rather than produce designs. Instead, you’ll be focusing on planning product collections, determining physical specifications of products and determining how they’ll be displayed in store.
The Monda Company is a rapidly growing startup that specializes in creating new and innovative souvenir concepts. Our products are sold in hundreds of airport and landmarks worldwide.
We started with their flagship Travel & Collect concept of collectable pins and have since expanded into other souvenirs products (not seen online) (keychains, magnets, tote bags, etc), sold in physical stores.
You’ll have the chance to work with our team to transform concepts into products and tangible creations, with the bonus of seeing your work prominently showcased in renowned global destinations.Working for a startup means embracing a dynamic environment where continual learning is encouraged and flexibility is required. No two days will ever be repetitive. You’ll have the opportunity to engage in a diverse range of projects and learn about various facets of the business. We highly value learning opportunities and invest heavily in up-skilling our team members.
- Conceptualizing creative ideas for new collections
- Crafting comprehensive briefs for the design team, guiding them in realizing the product vision.
- Overseeing design work and providing continuous feedback while leading the design team in the development of a diverse product range ready for market.
- Identify new products to launch by conducting research on best selling items, collaborating with factories to establish design specifications and facilitate the creation of samples.
- Determine product specifications, i.e size, depth, materials, etc.
- Thoroughly inspect all design files produced by the design team before sending them to the factory for printing and production.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure error-free designs.
- Applying expertise in typography and colour theory to elevate the visual appeal of final ready for market products.
- Advanced in Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
- Experience developing PHYSICAL products
- 2+ years managing designers
- 1+ year working for retail company in any capacity
- 1+ year preparing files for production
- 1+ yr project management experience.
- Organized & detail orientated.
- Self-starter – can work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Entrepreneurial mindset – you love to come up with new ideas
- Experience factoring in business objectives when making decisions on new products and collections.
- Obsessed with materials and details
- Bonus: If you’ve worked for a startup or have own online store
Work Hours & Location:
- 40hrs / week
- Based in Sydney, Australia & able to attend office min 3 days / week (Amazing CBD Darling Square location)
To Apply, please submit:
- Share a project you’ve done containing a style you believe would work well for souvenirs
Please include the following:
- Why are you a good fit ?
- Describe a personal project you’ve worked on as a hobby?
- Have you designed physical products?