Hedayah was established in 2012 as the International Center of Excellence for Countering Violent Extremism (CVE). It serves as the premier international institution for capacity building, dialogue and communication, and research to counter violent extremism in all of its forms and manifestations, in support of long-term, global efforts to prevent and counter terrorism.
The Center’s mandate focuses on three core areas:
Dialogue and Communications: Collaborates with national and local actors, CSOs, researchers and community leaders to foster dialogue, create messaging campaigns, as well as expertise in developing and implementing communications strategies.
Capacity Building Programs: Conducts collaborative training and builds practical tools to enhance the capacities of government and non-government partners to design and implement effective policies, programs and projects to counter violent extremism.
Research and Analysis: Collects and delivers CVE knowledge resources as well as conducts and commissions new research to gain deeper understanding of the drivers of violent extremism, and which approaches are effective in countering it.
The P/CVE National Action Plan & Strategic Communications Consultant will support the development of an effective communication strategy under the Dialogue and Communications Department and reports to the Program Manager. The Department is responsible for a dedicated platform to facilitate focused discussion and collaboration among national and local actors, civil society, researchers and community leaders involved in CVE.
· Conduct desk research for background on strategic communications and generate recommendations in relation to the implementation of P/CVE National Action Plans;
· Assist the Dialogue and Communications (D&C) team in drafting the communications strategy that complements the National Action Plan.
· Work with other consultants and/or SMEs in the development of the communications strategy;
· Ensure that the communications strategy is part of Hedayah’s Integrated Communications CVE programs approach;
· Draft reports according to donor country’s requirements;
· Meet program deliverables on time;
· Manage stakeholder relationships in-country (this could include government, donor community, CSOs, NGOs, non-state actors, etc.;
· Work with the D&C team to develop strategic relationships and partnerships with stakeholders around the world involved in P/CVE National Action Plans and/or other programming; and
· Develops effect monitoring & evaluation plan;
· Participates in bi-weekly calls with D&C team (more if required);
· Writing sections of the final deliverables of the project;
· Manage time effectively to meet tasks within budgeted hours;
Requirements and Qualifications
· At least 10 years of related professional experience and expertise in Communications, International Relations, Security Studies, Journalism, Political Science, (preferably at least 3 or four years of experience in P/CVE and or CT);
· Experience in Project Management.
· Experience in Strategic Communications development.
· Experience in designing and implementing National Action Plan
· Working Experience in Tajikistan on CVE, and/or security and/or community engagement and/or communications and/or media and information literacy.**
· The person should be based in Tajikistan or in the wider Central Asia region and eligible to work in the country as a consultant.
· M.A. or PhD in Strategic Communications, International Development, International Relations, Security and Counter-Terrorism/CVE Studies, Peace Studies, or related field;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Fluent in oral and written English;
· Familiarity with Tajiki and/or Russian;
· Demonstrated ability working on projects related to drafting complex communications strategies.
· Proven track record as a project manager and experience with managing budgets, project timelines and monitoring & evaluation plans.
· Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including government officials, policy makers, community leaders and actors, NGOs, practitioners and experts;
· Able to work independently, as well as within a team;
· Constructively managing internal and external relationships with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and discretion;
· Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; and
· Demonstrated ability to work in an international, multi-cultural and professional environment as a crucial member of a team;
· Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to achieve results in a timely manner;
· Self-motivated, flexible, creative, and ability to work independently to find solutions; and
· Willingness to travel, including to the UAE, if required.
· Flexible hours with possibility to work remotely.
· Compensation commensurate with experience.
· The recruit shall start beginning of January 2021. The consultancy contract is for a period of two years and remuneration will be based on deliverables.
How to apply:
Send a short cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 November 2020 with the following subject: “P/CVE NAP Consultant (Tajikistan)”