Position title: OTP Response Lead
Location: Remote based with some anticipated travel
Duration: 2 months with possibility of extension
The OTP response lead will be responsible for supporting VWB/VSF setup operations in OTPs response to the escalating Gaza crisis. The response lead will prioritize working through local partners and provide the technical direction as well as fulfill the representation to key donors and other organizations.
Your responsibilities will be
- Lead and manage emergency assessments and determine final assessment recommendations for VWB/VSF response
- Lead strategic analysis of humanitarian context, actors, response and opportunities for VWB/VSF making assessing feasibility of and potential areas of intervention for VWB/VSF
- Maintain oversight and quality assure for concepts notes and proposals, in close coordination with technical team
- Represent VWB/VSF in senior meetings and engagement with humanitarian actors – donors, UN agencies, (I)NGOs and officials.
- Prepare overall recommendations to VWB/VSF SMT for engagement in the OPTs context, outlining response plans, interventions and partnerships.
- Other duties as required for this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Substantial professional experience in leading, managing and implementing emergency response programs.
- Operational experience in OPT.
- Demonstrated managerial and representational skills, including strong donor engagement and funding mobilization.
- Strong English communication and writing skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and planning skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 17th, 2023
Veterinarians Without Borders/Vétérinaires sans Frontières is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of our team. We are committed to inclusive and equitable employment practices and strive to create a workplace that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion.