Purpose of the Consultancy
In the context of the WHO Health Emergencies Incident Management System (IMS), at the country/regional level, the Operations Support & Logistics (OSL) Data Officer will support the development of data tools for country planning and engagement with the WHO Regional Office (WRO) and the WHO Country Offices (WCOs) to implement and improve the tools.
This job is open for an initial period of 2.5 months with potential extension.
Work to be performed
Reporting to the OSL Team leader and under the overall guidance of the Incident manager, the Data Officer supports efforts to provide countries, regions, HQ, and partners with tools for forecasting and planning as well as data analysis.
Key duties include:
- Under pillar lead request, support engagement with regional and country offices to implement and improve data tools for planning.
- Support engagement with the Health Emergency Information and Risk Assessment (HIM) team and external partners to bring in the most relevant epidemiology into supplies forecasts.
- Support engagement Interface with other technical teams – including Case Management, IPC, Diagnostic, and HIM – within the WHO Health Emergencies Programme (WHE) to ensure assumptions and inputs are up to date and relevant.
Data systems planning and support:
- Participate in the project design & development for additional data projects with OSL
- Participate in engagement on Disease Commodity Package quantification for standardizing tools available for disease outbreaks
- Support definition and implementation of ad-hoc Excel or other tools to improve OSL’s efficiency and reporting mechanisms.
- Support maintenance of current data consolidation process flow.
1. Qualifications required:
- Essential: A university degree in epidemiology; experience in supplies quantification; experiencing working with internal and external partners on project management. Minimum of 8 years’ experience.
- Desirable: Programming language (e.g. Python or R) is a plus.
2. Experience required:
- Essential: At least five years’ related in global health, at national and international levels, working with countries and partners. Demonstrated experience in forecasting and modelling at the country level. Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data management.
- Desirable: Related experience with WHO, the UN system, recognized humanitarian organizations or international non-governmental organization work in the field of outbreaks and/or health emergency response.
3. Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills with the ability to multitask, deliver results in time critical scenarios, identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in modelling and epidemiology.
- Proven ability to ensure the effective use of resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural, multidisciplinary environment.
- Proven ability to manage diverse team across different functional areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate with and convince officials with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to present information to achieve desired results.
4. Language requirements:
- Proficiency in English (oral and written) is required.
- French and/or another WHO language.
5. Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially excel.
- Demonstrated computer skills with emphasis on databases management.
- Demonstrated skills in using equipment such radio and satellite phones.
How to apply:
Contractual Arrangement: INDIVIDUAL Consultancy
Starting Date: 11-Oct-2021
Ending Date: 31-Dec-2021
Schedule: Full time consultancy
Primary location: Remote location (working from home)
Application closing date: 01-Oct-2021
Contacts: If you are interested, please send your CV to Ms Egle LORENZIN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.