Terms of Reference
“Officer 2.0” Training – Training Provider
Contracting department: Human Resources Department
- Humanity & Inclusion
Humanity and inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, HI’s actions and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. HI is currently implementing projects in more than 60 countries worldwide, including Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Occupied Palestinian Territory (oPt).
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details on the association: https://hi.org/
2. HI in the Middle-East:
HI is managing a humanitarian program in the Middle East region and is present in four countries, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Occupied Palestinian Territory (oPt) employing around 220 national employees. HI is implementing a wide range of activities from long-term development projects and recovery to response to emergencies, though five main sectors of intervention: Prevention & Health (Early Child Development, MHPSS), Inclusive Education, Economic Inclusion (Basic Needs Assistance, Economic Recovery), Physical and Functional Rehabilitation, Armed Violence Reduction.
- Objective of the Assignment
HI is seeking a professional trainer who has the ability to provide a collective training session for HI’s staff working in Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Occupied Palestinian Territory on the topics of Officer 2.0
Following ROOTS implementation at Merep Level and the elimination of assistant positions, HI is giving more responsibilities and tasks to the Officers. In order to strengthen the capacity of officers, we propose to put in place a training to reinforce their skills (Soft skills).
The objective of this training is to train the officers working with HI to develop their leadership capacity to handle their position efficiently. The training will cover Communication skills, Public speaking, time management and Planning.
In details, the objective is to provide training sessions to HI national staff as below:
- Organize 5 collective training sessions of 4 hours each
- Target population: Officers (Project Officers, technical officers, Finance officers, Logistics officers, HR officers).
Number of Officers :15
Number of Officers :20
Number of Officers: 21
Country : Palestine
Number of Officers :19
- The sessions will be delivered in English with English-written supporting documents, some explanations can be given in Arabic if needed.
Learners who complete this module will gain basic skills in (not exhaustive list):
- Communicate effectively by using the constructive messages.
- Communicate externally: Public speaking, presentation (power point), organize, conduct and facilitate meetings, writing clear documents (MoM, Fact Sheet, Activity report …);
- Manage email exchanges: Writing clear messages, sharing it with the right audience, archiving;
- Provide constructive feedback to their interlocutors (internally and externally);
- Improve task’s planning and time management (Autonomy);
- Build their own individual action plan using SMART objectives.
- Give support to the participants after the training for a period of 3 months (giving advice, answering some specific questions, etc.)
- Scope of Work
The trainer will develop a detailed plan for the organization of training modules and sessions including the timeframe of the sessions.
Sessions will be delivered face-to-face. The venue or meeting room can be identified based on the country.
The service shall start during November 2022
During the performance of the service, the consultant will be required to work in liaison with HI’s Human Resources teams and notably with Mrs Heba Mango (HR Partner) and Mrs Rita HABIB (Regional HR Manager) who will be the contact person.
All written reports and correspondences will be done in English language.
The training unit specialist will organize a meeting with the identified trainer to explain the pedagogy to him and define together how to monitor the quality of the services delivered, …
- Expected Results of the Consultancy
By the end of the sessions, HI Middle Managers staff will gain fundamental skills in management and leadership and will be able to apply those skills in their daily professional life.
- Expertise required
- Qualified and recognized trainer in the field of Management.
- At least 5 years of relevant and proven experience working in the field of adults’ coaching and training, experience working with large audience.
- A previous work experience with humanitarian NGOs or INGOs staff or with INGOs is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Cross-cultural working experience.
- Proven reliability in the delivery of timely and quality services.
- Positive, creative, innovative and problemsolving attitude.
- Arabic: Native speaker
- English: Excellent command in English written and spoken
- Timeframe and Location
The dates of the service provision, the modalities as well as the location will be agreed once the successful service provider has been agreed.
- Applications procedures
- Preparation of Proposals
The Trainer shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of its Proposal and HI shall not be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the selection process. HI is not bound to accept any proposal, and reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time prior to Contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the Consultant.
- The Proposal, as well as all correspondence and documents relating to the Proposal exchanged between the Consultant and HI, shall be written in English;
- Proposals must remain valid for 120 calendar days after the proposal submission deadline, during this period; the Consultant shall maintain its original Proposal without any change, including the availability of the Key Experts, the proposed rates and the total price;
- HI will make its best effort to complete the negotiations within the proposal’s validity period. However, should the need arise, the Client may request, in writing, all Consultants who submitted Proposals prior to the submission deadline to extend the Proposals’ validity;
- The Consultant has the right to refuse to extend the validity of its Proposal in which case such Proposal will not be further evaluated.
- Technical Proposal
The following documents must be included in the Technical proposal:
- A list of proposed topics and training sessions in accordance with the terms of reference and the methodology of implementation
- The expected results
- The evaluation forms (needs assessment, pre/post-test and final evaluation)
- Trainers’ CVs detailing relevant skills and experience of the consultant/institute and her/his team of no more than 3 pages each, including contactable referees. In case of team of experts, the team leader must be clarified.
- Copy of degrees in teaching.
- Proven previous experience.
- Financial Proposal:
The consultant needs to provide HI with one quotations, sessions delivered face-to-face.
The Financial Proposal shall list all costs associated with the assignment, inclusive of all taxes, and shall include the materials necessary which together with other logistics resources will be managed by HI.
- Legal and valid registration in the country.
- Evidence that government taxes have been paid.
- The consultant(s) are responsible for personal/life/travel and health insurance for themselves and their team(s).
- Proof that the Service Provider has paid social security contributions.
- Administrative Documentation
- Professional standards
HI contractors must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, Bribery, and Corruption.
How to apply
All recommendations are welcomed before deadline ,however all applicants should apply through the email below: