NetHope enables humanitarian organizations to better serve individuals and communities in the developing world through smarter use of technology. Working at the intersection of the international NGO sector, private business and technology innovation, NetHope is a Membership organization currently serving over 60 leading humanitarian, development, and conservation organizations around the world. NetHope empowers our Member organizations to collaborate, innovate, and leverage the full potential of information and communications technology to support their work in 190 countries. NetHope and our Members partner with over 50 of the world’s leading technology firms to create innovative solutions to existing and emerging challenges, and to reimagine how technology can improve our world.
This is an exciting time at NetHope as the organization develops programs and services in collaboration with members and partners. Working with the team of staff and expert consultants, the Learning Manager will help NetHope establish and grow NetHope’s Digital Leadership Institute, delivering online training offerings for nonprofit executives and senior leaders to increase their digital skills, and their applicable uses in the humanitarian sector. NetHope is creating the NetHope Digital Leadership Institute for its Members and other nonprofit executives.
NetHope Digital Leadership Institute Learning Manager
NetHope is seeking an experienced, organized, and enthusiastic professional to develop the curriculum and learning experiences of the NetHope Digital Leadership Institute, an initiative to augment the digital skills of 200 nonprofit executives and senior leaders. With this, the Learning Manager will produce deliverables that ensure high-quality content that will subsequently be produced for online audiences. To support the professionalization of training offerings, NetHope is recruiting consultant(s) who can develop blended and video-based learning curriculum across a variety of topics. Consultants will work remotely to complete the duties and responsibilities outlined below while reporting to the NetHope Senior Director, Field & Impact Programs. They will closely collaborate with the Senior Director of The NetHope Center for the Digital nonprofit, Global Head of Innovation, during the design phase, and will have direct involvement with NetHope’s SMEs, and NetHope partners.
Scope of work:
- Create and execute learning strategies and training programs for the NetHope Digital Leadership Institute for cohorts of 15-20 executive learners. Curriculum will be across the themes of the Nonprofit Digital Skills Framework:
- Complex problem solving
- Digital Responsibility
- Highly Adaptive Collaboration
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Creativity and Innovation
- Technical Literacy
- Implement collaborative pedagogy to give learners autonomy, mastery and purpose. Engage their experience and accumulated knowledge and increase it through participation, helping them solve their problems with relevant solutions.
- Evaluate individual and cohort development needs.
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops, and other trainings, and learning experiences for visual, auditory, and kinaesthetic adult learners with a diversity of learning methods for digital skills (e.g., coaching, job-shadowing, online training).
- Coordinate with NetHope staff and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and partners to create use-cases, support curriculum design and development from the conception to pre-production phases.
- Conduct research and collect, curate relevant learning resources, create learning modules, measurable learning objectives for each module, and learning evaluations.
- Create supplementary learning resources including but not limited to learner workbooks, case studies, and slide decks.
- Create tests/surveys for participants to confirm that they have learned and/or have the knowledge needed.
- Create facilitators guides for training managers and facilitators for engaging learning sessions.
- Regularly report on the status and forecasted development of the curriculum.
- Support the NetHope team to accredit the training as Continuing Professional Education through CPD.
- Support with translation of the training materials into other languages (e.g., Spanish, French, Arabic).
- Work can start immediately. The Learning Manager is expected to complete the curriculum by March 1, 2023, when the learning experiences will commence.
- Curriculum adjustment is expected to continue in 2023 upon feedback from participants in the first few learning cohorts. The anticipated end date is May 2023.
- A passion for NetHope’s mission and for working collaboratively and nimbly in a fast-paced dynamic global environment
- Cultural sensitivity across all aspects of work
- Values and encourages diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Solid judgement including handling of sensitive information
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Excellent at working in a networked & virtual team environment
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail in a fast-paced working environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience and proficiency designing curricula for executive adult education.
- Contextual understanding or experience of nonprofits programmes preferably with:
- Programmes in least developed countries
- Humanitarian aid and development, and/or environmental conservation.
- Big international NGOs
- Competent in working virtually across multiple time zones.
- Precision, accuracy, attention to detail, and patience
- Ability to write in a range of different styles: academic, business, conversational, and technical
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency in business English.
- Proficiency in using modern workplace tools and processes (e.g. Microsoft Word, and Excel, PowerPoint, shared files, project management).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred or equivalent work experience. Preference for degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design or another relevant field
- Experience in producing training materials for digital skills preferred.
- Experience designing and developing adult learning curriculum including writing learning objectives, facilitator guides, and scripts applying adult learning principles
- Experience translating theoretical concepts into easily understood language using real-life and contextual examples, case studies, and culturally appropriate analogies and metaphors
- Previous experience working internationally, virtually/remote and preferably in the nonprofit/humanitarian space.
- Experience with collaborative pedagogy a plus
- NetHope Member experience highly valued, other NGO experience a plus
Reporting and Working Conditions:
- This position is a consultancy with an expected workload of 124 days through May 2023 reporting to the Senior Director, Field & Impact Programs and working closely with the program team, specifically with Senior Director of The NetHope Center for the Digital nonprofit, Global Head of Innovation.
- NetHope is a virtual organization, so our team, our Members, and our partners are located around the world. Due to the global nature of the organization, meetings may thus be required at any time of the day to meet with our stakeholders in varying time zones. To meet these needs, NetHope embraces flexible schedules for team members, and we work with each other to be located globally, but still maintain a reasonable work time balance.
- As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants with diverse backgrounds from various locations, and who may have non-traditional work patterns.
- NetHope is a networked team-oriented environment with team members working across functional areas to produce high-quality programs, services, and connections with our Members. We value open communication and believe that a staff working as a team produces the best outcomes.
- This position is 100% remote and virtual.
How to apply
How to Apply
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit your application in confidence here. Applications will be accepted until 18 November 2022.
NetHope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.