Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Logistics & Supply Chain Department.
The project coordinator, also called the field coordinator, is part of MSF’s coordination team for the mission in any given country.
As Field coordinator, you will ensure the correct implementation and management of the activities and resources, in accordance with the objectives set out for each project, as well as their everyday management.
You represent MSF within the limits of the project and under the supervision of MSF’s general coordinator (head of mission) in the country. You will also ensure compliance with humanitarian and ethical principles, and with security norms in the project.
- At least two years of international experience as project coordinator in humanitarian organizations.
- Proven experience in managing teams, people and security.
- Prior experience in unstable contexts or countries in conflict.
- Good level of English and French.
- Availability of 12 months.
- Degree in business administration, political science, international relations, sociology, anthropology, etc.
- Postgraduate degree in humanitarian studies.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish, and/or Portuguese
WHAT WE OFFER
- Induction process to the organization and the position.
- Salary determined by experience and MSF’s salary table.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organization. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organization.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.
How to apply:
To apply, all applicants should send their application via our website: