About the role
Crown Agents is seeking multiple MERL specialists to respond to an imminent short-term opportunity in the global health sector that we are pursuing. These positions will work closely with a multi-disciplinary global team to support various MERL activities contributing to excellent programme delivery.
The scope of work will focus on an evaluability assessment, designing a multi-stage evaluation and undertaking a follow-on baseline study. The primary purpose of this is to provide a foundation to help inform, steer and shape future evaluation related work to follow, and to ensure a robust baseline is put in place. The baseline study is intended to both inform potential course correction through early assessment of core design elements and to enable appropriate measurement over time of the effectiveness and performance of the public health intervention.
- Develop a comprehensive evaluability assessment
- Desk review of various documents, key informant interviews
- Design a multi-stage evaluation
- Develop process and outcome measures for success
- Develop procedural methods to ensure that thorough and accurate data are
- Collect data through various means, including surveys, interviews, data extracts, etc
- Provide technical assistance and training on data collection, management, and reporting.
- Interpret data, analyse statistics, report findings, and disseminate as determined by team.
- Develop presentations for key stakeholders to inform about each step of the process
- Provide clear and well-supported criteria and evidence for each finding and recommendation.
- A Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, evaluation, social science, or related discipline and/or combined relevant experience
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the health sector, notably in monitoring and evaluating health programs in developing countries
- Experience in conducting evaluability assessments, evaluations, and baseline surveys including extensive experience with appropriate evaluation design and methods
- Technical expertise in the application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods, including data collection and analysis
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with complex public health programmes and structures
- Preferred experience in evaluation of immunisation and cold chain programmes
- Excellent Communications skills, including writing and presentation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with quality products
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds; and
- Strong professional oral communication and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.