Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND JOB ENVIRONMENT
The Security Simulation Mobile Support Technician contributes to the security and safety support to the missions of MSF-OCBA in terms of training, assessment and advisement.
His/her main objective is to support in the deployment and implementation in the field missions of simulations (procedures, protocols and how to react).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Support Capacity Building and Training
- Contribute to the design & elaboration of the training’s and the simulation scenarios package in the Risk Management area of expertise for the benefit of the missions.
- Train staff (med staff to be included) mainly by simulation on:
a) How to react in different situations (robbery, arrest, harassment checkpoints, etc.).
b) How to be prepared and to organize a movement using the protocol.
c) How to develop a risk assessment per activity.
d) Contingency plans.
e) How to build security scenarios.
- Train staff and especially local hired staff to facilitate the simulation exercises, to continue and repeat the simulation scenarios package on their own.
- Support at distance to the field visited when they want to organize a simulation exercise.
- Monitor the implementation with the facilitators being trained at mission level.
- Active search for innovations, new ways of working in the field of security management to strengthen the training panel of OCBA both on the content and on the pedagogical means of training.
- He/she reports regularly to Dirpos/DepDirops and RECOs on the state of projects within his/her domain. after each visit (Observations, Inventory, and Recommendations if any).
- When the Mobile Support Technician is not on mission and after enjoying his/her R&R / holidays, s/he will support the Ops department in tasks to be defined.
- Debrief Project/Mission coordination, HQ.
- Relevant technical degree or diploma.
- Previous humanitarian experience with an IO/INGO is mandatory.
- Minimum 2 years in the field in volatile context with an IO/INGO.
- Field experience with MSF is an asset.
- Experience in a coordination position (Field Coordinator, Head of Mission, Emergency Coordinator) is an asset.
- Fluent written and spoken English. French. Arab or Spanish are a plus.
- Coaching and training of staff.
- Organizing and implementing security risk management simulation.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to set priorities and organize his/her own work.
- Ability to travel in all OCBA missions/projects.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Duration: 1 year.
- Contract modality according to local legal framework.
- Full time work.
- Home based, with frequent field visits (up to 70% of the time).
- Annual gross salary: IRP2 level 5 (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: Immediately.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter: https://careers.msf-applications.org/job-invite/6325/
Closing date: May 15th, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.